Norway First Look Video

Can't we just shut this thread down? After 16 pages anything meaningful that was to be said has been said already, we keep arguing over pointless and subjective matters. How about we move on? It's not like the devs are changing the starting civs anyways and there are plenty of threads in the suggestion section with ideas for possible expansions and discussions on what civs to add next.

I'm a little happy that zerkers don't cost iron now (or at least they don't seem to), but I'm also disappointed that they went from 3 to 2 movement.

Actually, now that I think about it, there's no bonus movement for embarked units either, so I guess one can't disembark and shoot with artillery units in the same turn now? This is assuming that embarked units only have 2 move points, that there are no move bonuses for embarked units, and that units keep the same number of move points going from water to land.

Moderator Action: This thread is supposed to be about the video that introduces us to Norway as a civilization in Civ6. Please return to this topic. There are any number of threads in which you can express your dislike for the selection of civs in Civ6 but it is getting annoying that some people seem to need to turn every thread into this topic. It is time to stop derailing these types of threads.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Didn't even get time to finish my argument.

On topic:

I'm in agreement with those who think the Stave Church is underpowered.
If we're going to chop woods anyway for production, what's the point?
We don't chop rainforest because IIRC they don't give production.
They're only cleared because it's an unproductive tile.
So the UAs that incentivize them generally make them usable, at least for those specific civs.
However, every civ gets a net benefit in chopping woods.
If you don't chop the woods for your Stave Church, then that Faith bonus better be killer for depriving you of at least 1 productive tile.

I'm a little happy that zerkers don't cost iron now (or at least they don't seem to), but I'm also disappointed that they went from 3 to 2 movement.

By the time you can use the Berserker, you should have the tech that gives all Melee units +1 movement.

Actually, now that I think about it, there's no bonus movement for embarked units either, so I guess one can't disembark and shoot with artillery units in the same turn now? This is assuming that embarked units only have 2 move points, that there are no move bonuses for embarked units, and that units keep the same number of move points going from water to land.

Siege units don't need to set up in 6.

The sort of unspoken advantage with this civ is the ability to bypass difficult terrain by disembarking. This was an occasional strategy in Civ V for dealing with very rough terrain. Here it is much more attractive because you can hop on or off the coast without losing any movement at all.

I'm waiting to see with coastal raiding. It's not clear to me you can raid a tile with a unit on it. I'm assuming you can't and that coastal raiding is more limited than it may first appear. If it can't be prevented by a unit, then it is indeed quite powerful.

Top Bottom