[GS] Norway in GS

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by humble serf, Jan 30, 2019.

1. HaloCapella

HaloCapella Chieftain

Just reading that made me thought of a command button to consume extra strategic resources to give units a boost. Maybe can apply to more units. I'd furthermore give Norway the ability to steal strategic resources and/or gain strategic resources from trade routes.

2. Casworon

Casworon Prince

When GS comes out im going to make a mod that gives them +1 trade route upon researching shipbuilding and coastal cities founded on foreign continents start with a monument.

I think this will represent their history as traders and settlers giving somthing a little extra to their playstyle without being overpowered

3. Ziad

Ziad Emperor

I think people are underestimating the impact of powered pillaging and increased relevance of naval control.

I believe Norway got indirectly buffed. So did Georgia with regards to the new diplomatic mechanics. It's not immediately obvious, but it will be on launch.

4. NegativeZero

NegativeZero Warlord

I'd be happy with Norway being able to pillage without war but incur some grievances.

Pillage a nearby civ till you get asked to stop. Take the diplomatic favor and move to the next civ.

5. GPounda

GPounda Chieftain

so I have Gathering Storm, and Rise and Fall. . . playing pure vanilla, why can't my longboats pillage or rest/repair in open water?

6. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Because the below leader abilities are not in the vanilla game... nor the R&F game

<!--Norway-->
    <Row>
    <ModifierId>TRAIT_LEADER_PILLAGE_SCIENCE_MINES</ModifierId>
    <ModifierType>MODIFIER_PLAYER_ADJUST_ADDITIONAL_PILLAGING</ModifierType>
    </Row>
    <Row>
    <ModifierId>TRAIT_LEADER_PILLAGE_CULTURE_QUARRIES</ModifierId>
    </Row>
    <Row>
    <ModifierId>TRAIT_LEADER_PILLAGE_CULTURE_PLANTATIONS</ModifierId>
    </Row>
    <Row>
    <ModifierId>TRAIT_LEADER_PILLAGE_CULTURE_PASTURES</ModifierId>
    </Row>
    <Row>
    <ModifierId>TRAIT_LEADER_PILLAGE_CULTURE_CAMPS</ModifierId>
    </Row>

7. GPounda

GPounda Chieftain

Forgive me, but if it isn't Vanilla then why is it mentioned in all the forums and wiki?

8. Victoria

I dunno, I was looking up xml for someone else and just quickly checked.
    In the original vanilla pillaging was not a big thing, then they changed it in R&F and was a bit OP. Then they toned it down in GS but kept norway good on it so just assume that’s why it is not so in vanilla... I did check his abilities were specifically specified in the GS files.
    You want me to start a vanilla game to check? Do you have any mods installed? If not can you post a save here? I think you are probably right he should be able to pillage.

9. GPounda

GPounda Chieftain

Thanks.

I did try vanilla and confirmed that I can only pillage villages and harbours. I also can only repair in friendly territory, not in open water. .

Victoria likes this.
  10. Victoria

Yeah was just checking the longship in the vanilla files, could not find those things there, nor in leader file

<Row UnitType="UNIT_NORWEGIAN_LONGSHIP" Cost="65" Maintenance="1" BaseMoves="3" BaseSightRange="2" ZoneOfControl="true" Domain="DOMAIN_SEA" Combat="35" FormationClass="FORMATION_CLASS_NAVAL" PromotionClass="PROMOTION_CLASS_NAVAL_MELEE" AdvisorType="ADVISOR_CONQUEST" Name="LOC_UNIT_NORWEGIAN_LONGSHIP_NAME" Description="LOC_UNIT_NORWEGIAN_LONGSHIP_DESCRIPTION" PurchaseYield="YIELD_GOLD" PseudoYieldType="PSEUDOYIELD_UNIT_NAVAL_COMBAT" MandatoryObsoleteTech="TECH_ELECTRICITY" TraitType="TRAIT_LEADER_UNIT_NORWEGIAN_LONGSHIP" PrereqTech="TECH_SAILING"/>

11. GPounda

GPounda Chieftain

LOL, so what am I missing? There's even a video on YouTube showing the Longships doing this.

I just bought Frontier Pass - maybe that is where the "upgrade," is?

12. Victoria

No, it should be in Gathering Storm, you said originally you could not pillage/repair in vanilla... are you now saying you cannot in GS either? in this case a save without mods would be useful to check... I certainly can

13. GPounda

GPounda Chieftain

Apologies, I'm new to this forum. I assumed official DLC was still vanilla.

Yes, I have Rise and Fall, Gathering Storm, Frontier Pass and all other DLC's.

14. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Where folks talk about "vanilla" they mean the current version of the base game, as updated with Firaxis official patches, but excluding all DLCs and expansions. Talking about a "GS" game or "R&F" game, of course, refers to a game with those expansions enabled. And when they refer to the "game" generally, they usually mean the game with all Firaxis DLC, expansions and patches enabled, but excluding non-Firaxis content (private mods and map scripts). In fact, the most frequent source of confusion about wonky game behavior comes from people who are playing a modded game (where some combination of mods may not be "playing nice") but have not stated in their post that they are playing with mods.

15. Victoria

No need to apologise, you are welcome here and its a nice friendly forum. I just try to help.
    So... you cannot raid using a normal game? As in with Gathering storm ruleset?
    upload_2020-6-22_15-43-19.png

16. GPounda

GPounda Chieftain

Correct - GS game-play. I have disabled all mods. . . I still can not get my Longboats to Pillage or repair.

17. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I thought those were Harald abilities rather than Longship abilities?

18. GPounda

GPounda Chieftain

I'm playing Harald - the Longship is one of his unique units.

19. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Can you post a save file from right before you tried to pillage and repair?

20. GPounda

GPounda Chieftain

Happy to, umm - where do I find them? ;)