(Not a bug) [1.0.0.62 - 1.0.1.221] - UU (Khan, Hoplite) from city state

If this isn't a bug, shouldn't it be removed from the Confirmed Bugs forum?

Moderator Action: Yep, moved it. Was it in the list of bugs as well?

Yeah.
But just stop to talk about off topic.
This isn't a bug.
But, do you now what happens when Genghis Khan get Naresuan's Elephant?
Absolute Destruction

Or Genghis get Mandekalu Cavalry.
This is not a bug but i think this is good discussion.

Patch 1.0.1.511:

King difficulty, perhaps they got it as a bonus. The unit functions as a normal Mongolian Keshik and the Roman AI knows how to use it. I don't know if there's perhaps a rational explanation for this? :lol:

They can gift unique units, and the policy Educated Elite or something also can give you Khans.

Really? This is the first case of such a thing happening in my 200+ hours of gameplay xD
Are there rules for unique unit gifts? I never got any unique units from militaristic city states...

I'm fairly certain the Unique Units of another civ shouldn't be gifted by militaristic city-states, so I'm calling this a bug.

1. Become friends with a Militaristic City State.

2. Eventually, that City State will gift a unique unit that you otherwise would not have access to. (For example, if you're playing as Japan, and you get a Legion as a gift.)

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR

2. The City State gifts you non-unique units. (For example, if you're playing as Japan, you can get a Longswordsman as a gift, but not a Samurai or a Legion or a Keshik).

I observed City States gifting me unique units that I shouldn't be able to get, and I also noticed AI leaders in my game with unique units they shouldn't have (for example, Hiawatha had a few Legions). The attached savegame should show these issues in action.

Attachments

• Oda Nobunaga_0221 AD-1555.Civ5Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
I'm fairly certain the Unique Units of another civ shouldn't be gifted by militaristic city-states, so I'm calling this a bug.

Moderator Action: Threads merged.

And for some clarification:
This is by design. We wanted the city states to occasionally gift "exotic" units to make them more interesting.

:)

I am playing as Greece. And so far in my game, on two different occurrences, a Danish berserker appeared in a tile adjacent to Corinth. It belonged to Greece though, had the Greek colors and everything. I could control and upgrade the unit.

The funny thing is, Denmark is not even one of the civs in the current game that I am playing.

The Danish Berserker appeared in the same tile both times, and it appeared at the beginning of the turn (appeared in the same way a newly constructed unit does at the beginning of the turn, except outside of the city and the Danish unique unit, but owned by Greece).

I have never seen this in Civ V vanilla, so I think it's definitely new coding in G&K that is causing this bug.

Crosspost with this:
It's a militaristic city state gift. Now they gift UUs from civs that are not in the game to their allies. So a militaristic city state that Greece is Friends or Allies with would be gifting them this unit. These units will appear automatically in the recipient's territory when they are gifted.

Let us know if it's not possible that this is the case. :)
See here. The forum appeared to swallow my post in the thread move? :crazyeye:

Top Bottom