1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] [NOT A BUG] Enemy Encampment or Archeologist exerting ZoC over my religious unit?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by Pfeffersack, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

Maybe I'm missing something - but why does my Apostle can only move one tile here? Since I don't see a religious unit of another civ on an adjacent tile and the terrain is flat without any obstacles like a river, my only explanation is that either the Mayan Encampment or their Archeologist inside exerting a ZoC here (I'm currently at war with them). Is that really WAI?

Spoiler :
    ReligiousUnitCannotMoveFullPoints-EnemyEncampmentZoC.jpg

The reason I'm suspecting a ZoC being at work here is what happens when you make a partial move one tile to the west first - after that, the pathfinder suddenly displays further movement in this turn as possible...

Spoiler :
    AfterPartialMove1.jpg

...but if you actually order this further movement, the unit will not move anyway:

Spoiler :
    AfterPartialMove2.jpg

And thats usually the behaviour when a ZoC is the reason. However, wasn't it changed long ago that way that religious units operate on their own layer, so that only other religious Units exert a ZoC on them?

To reproduce with the attached save:

1. Display movement as shown in the 1st pic and check, if this is WAI
    (2. Make the partial move as shown in the 2nd pic and try to move then another tile SW - your unit will not execute the order, as seen in the 3rd pic)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  2. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Monarch (BTS) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

3. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

Thank you for taking the time to enlighten me here :) I have edited the thread title.

Noble Zarkon likes this.