1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Not able to purchase GDR by faith

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Lily_Lancer, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Deity

This is terrible. The Grandmaster chapel says it can buy land combat unit with faith. However, it is hard coded not to let you buy formation class "land combat units", but only let you buy unit class recon. melee, ac, hc, lc, siege,ranged units, and you cannot buy GDR with faith. That's terrible.

Why do GDR only able to be purchased by gold not faith?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    acluewithout likes this.
  2. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Idea Fountain

No, it is amazing that you can't. It's freaking cheesy to get free GDRs with no consequences. Thank F you can't.

3. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

I purchased some GDRs with faith, but that was shortly after GS release. Did they change it?

4. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

(no) Holy Robots, Batman!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  5. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Deity

Is there a save? I check the code and the grandmaster chapel is hard coded to only purchase recon, melee, AC, LC, HC, siege and ranged units.

6. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

GDR's used to have the "CLASS_MELEE" tag before the June update, which would have allowed them to be purchased with Faith.

Lily_Lancer and Victoria like this.
  7. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

As transformers are not very realistic you should only be able to get them with faith.
    But in game the ability to get masses of faith makes it quite OP and may have been an MP requirement for removal of this ability. However with the ability to buy 20 indie bands late in the game one wonders what is really considered OP.

8. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Deity

I guess that's also why we have barbarian GDRs, since melee is the default type for what barb camp generates.

9. Arianrhod

Arianrhod Warlord

If I've learned anything from anime it's that faith should be consumed as fuel for the GDR.

Victoria likes this.
  10. S1AL

S1AL Warlord

GDR isn't really a consideration in MP - at that point you might as well just win the space victory and call it a day. I'm guessing it's an oversight due to the tag change in June.