Not buying the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Civciv5

Grand Emperor
Nope, not buying it!

Why?

-Annoying Gandhi is back, an overrated activist who never ruled India. There are so many interesting leaders and they go with one that didn't rule India. Seriously
-A woman leading Sparta? Seriously, why could have goten KING LEONIDAS, but we get a woman who never actually ruled?
-EUROCENTRISM TO THE MAX, like 11 civs are European. Where is my Persian civ? Where is my Southeast Asian civ? Where is my Oceanian civ? Where is my Mali/Songhai civ? Where is my South American civ? So much for geographical variety.
-If anyone needed two leaders it's India, not Greece
-Persia, a civilization historically more important than Poland, Brazil and the Norse combined, is excluded. INTOLERABLE!

GET RID OF GANDHI and I MIGHT change my mind.

Maybe I'll get it when it's on sale a few years later.

You have already declared you won't buy this game a good few weeks back :rolleyes:

Wow, you're so important that you decided a thread dedicated to tell people that you won't buy the game?

Maybe I should have made a thread to tell I preordered, but I guess I'll have to work on my narcisism to get it up to your level.

Civ 6 seems to cause much pain and torture to you my friend, maybe do not follow it's news such closely and play another series?

I'm perfectly happy how the game is turning out, these are all matters of taste.

For me, the good parts of this game dramatically outweigh the bad parts of this game, but I do agree it would be nice to have a second leader for India. Gandhi is great, but they could definitely add a bit of variety here because India has plenty of leaders worth celebrating.

The running joke started due to a coding error and with this being the twenty fifth anniversary of the game franchise I'm fine with Firaxis yet again paying homage to a mistake made in Civilization I. I agree that the game is a little heavy on the euro-centricism but it is not enough to make me not want to buy the game. And I'm all for Queen Gorgo of Sparta, it's a nice and refreshing change from the other leaders that have been included in the Civilization games over the years.

How can you not like Gandhi?

Rumored footage of Gandhi in Civ Vi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfvLcozLwtE

On a serious note, I tend to think he eurocenticism of the Civ games is more of a business issue as it's a western developer for a western market. Get civilizations most westerners know, add a few to not drive customers away, and expand once the consumer has bought and enjoyed the game. But that's just my opinion.

I kind of understand your feelings. Persia is a Civ that really should be part of the core Civs. Also their female leader choices have always been pretty questionable. Queen Gorgo is very weird choice.

But in the end its a game and what Civs they have in the game is not the most important thing. More important is that the Civs have unique playstyles and have interesting abilities/units/buildings.

I am pretty sure Civciv5 is being sarcastic.
I'm not, when I post something, I mean it (most of the time). I am sincerely disappointed in the game; and I'm not impressed by the artstyle either.
How can you not like Gandhi?
How can you like Gandhi?
Civ 6 seems to cause much pain and torture to you my friend, maybe do not follow it's news such closely and play another series?
Well I'm really enjoying Crusader Kings II right now. I do sometimes play Civ4 and Civ5 sometimes. I loved the series in general and I'm just sincerely disappointed. Unfortunately nothing so far has managed to impress me so far to spend some 60-something Euros on the game.

On the contrary, I was quite satisfied when the leaders of Civ5 were announced. And I happily bought the game as soon as it was in the stores.
I will buy two copies to make up for you, op.
There's no need to make fun of me of you think I'm being silly.

I know, you've been writing pretty much the same post for weeks now.

Funny story, I'm a regular editor on the Dutch Wikipedia and I noticed an account with the same username submitting an article about the Trung sisters a while back. I sincerely appreciate you spreading your knowledge, and continueing this would IMO be a much more productive use of your time.

Funny story, I'm a regular editor on the Dutch Wikipedia and I noticed an account with the same username submitting an article about the Trung sisters a while back. I sincerely appreciate you spreading your knowledge, and continueing this would IMO be a much more productive use of your time.
Yep, that's me. I sometimes find an article which doesn't have a Dutch equivalent and since I can speak Dutch myself, I write it.

Speaking about the Trung Sisters, they should make an excellent choice for a Vietnam civ. They should have been in the base game instead of civs like Poland or Brazil.
Get over yourself. You are not important.

It's perfectly fine to make criticisms of the game. But making demands like this ("or else" what?) all you do is portray yourself as a big baby having a tantrum.
I am very sorry you think my signature portrays me as a big baby. I wasn't aware of the fact your signature is an accurate representation of yourself. There's plenty of people having funny or weird signatures. You only live once, why worry about such little things as a signature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom