1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Not crazy about denouncement mechanic

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by beorn, Oct 22, 2016.

1. beorn

beorn Prince

Okay, so Japan denounced me, and sent lots of troops to my border. No problem. Then he started sending missionaries to my cities, and I demanded that he stop. He promised not to but did not stop.

So I went to denounce him, and found I could not. Option not there. Hmmm, maybe because he already denounced me? No idea really. But there is an option for causus belli, to declare war formally... Okay, I wait one turn to finish the encampment.

Next turn, the causus belli has disappeared, all I can do is declare a surprise war. But now I can denounce him.

I can't imagine the rule that would legitimately explain this. I suppose his denouncing me expired that turn -- but that rule would be having a ridiculous result. You should always be able to denounce, even if it is, for the moment, superfluous.

2. Allaka12

Allaka12 Chieftain

As I understand it when you get denounced the game interprets it as you denouncing the guy as well

3. beorn

beorn Prince

I have no problem with that, except that, as it turns out, that can expire unexpectedly, so if you say "OK, I want to attack in 5 turns so I'll denounce now" you can't denounce because it would be a duplicate... but 5 turns later you can't declare formal war because it expired. Seems to me this needs to be thought out.