1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Not Enough Iron

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by MarigoldRan, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Starwars

Starwars Chieftain

This is actually one of my favorite things about GS. It finally makes me care a bit about resources, except for iron for that knight rush where applicable. It finally makes those resources feel important and keeps me looking for new lands.

Can't say I've noticed a real lack of a certain resource on the maps though compared to the other resources.

2. FenrisWolf456

FenrisWolf456 Chieftain

In my first play as Canada, there was a severe lack of horses on the map rather than iron. I could barely sell my good Canadian Iron for a gold per unit, while the 3 civs with horses were trying to sell for nearly 1 gpt per horse, eventually going to the bargain price of 1 gpt for 3 or 4 horses before the demand subsided.

A similar situation occurred later on, with only a few sources of aluminum selling for multiple gpt while oil flowed like water and sold for pennies.

My second game as Mali seems more distributed, though in the industrial age with one source of coal in my rather expansive (albeit desert-based) civilization. Early reveal of oil though show I'm more than fine on that front once the techs come online.

3. Yzman

Yzman Chieftain

This is good. Resources are pointless if everyone just has access to them.

Avenger237 likes this.
  4. Avenger237

Avenger237 Chieftain

Agree completely. Started a game with Sweden and realised I had no iron or horses in my empire.

The nearest source were 15 tiles away but I was behind in tech and everyone had swordsman/knights already

I thought it is over but than I realised that my UU is a pike and shot which required no resources, so I built spearman for the first time ever and beelined for Caroleans.

Without resource scarcity, I would have just auto-piloted to the usual horseman/knights instead of thinking out of the box.

Depravo likes this.