1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Not Getting amenities From Garrisioned Units (Not a Bug)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by @Rob76, Jan 28, 2017.

1. @Rob76

@Rob76 Chieftain

I recently completed a game (Immortal/Japanese/Island Plates) w/ a domination victory, and toward the end of the game I had 25+ cities. Amenities were a challenge: most of my cities were "Displeased." So I elected to use the Retainers card (military), available under the Civil Service civic. This is supposed to give +1 amenity for cities w/ a garrisioned unit. But it did not work at all. I verified this several times w/ several different cities.

Anyone else have experience w/ this issue?

2. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

I recall that it doesn't work with Recon (Scout and Ranger) or Support (Battering Ram, etc.) units, but haven't checked with all other types of units. Were you trying to garrison with scouts or support units?

In any event, can you post a save file?

3. Draco84

Draco84 Warlord

Its possible the amenities were rebalanced immediately so that specific city no longer qualified for a luxury keeping it at the same number.
    Try removing the unit, calculating total amenities for your empire and returning the unit.
    You may need to end turn for it to take effect.

4. @Rob76

@Rob76 Chieftain

No, these were all combat units. But see my response below.

5. @Rob76

@Rob76 Chieftain

Yes, that's it; amenities are computer-distributed regardless of source. What's misleading is that it's not a realtime calculation. It doesn't matter what you do during a turn, amenities won't change. Only during turn change is the rebalancing accomplished. Thanks to you and to Browd for your help on this.