Not getting CS bonus from CS met before settling first city

kb27787

Deity
If you are the first to meet a CS, but do not have your first city settled, you get the one envoy, but the bonus will not be there (Once I do settle, I observe that I don't get the gold, culture, science, or faith... and I'm pretty sure I don't get the hammers). And actually I never bother to play on... but I have a feeling it might bug that CS for you the entire game.

Is this intended? Stop thinking the software knows better than me! Some of its settling suggestions are horrible such as on the coast with a load of crab tiles! If I start on the coast and see a nearby river, I'm going to want to move onto the river. If I see a culture yielding tile such as forest hill silk, I'm going to want to prioritize that over the three useless wheat/cow/rice tiles. If I see an awesome yield tile like forest hill fur/spice, I don't want to be working your stupid rainforest chocolate/plains ivory tiles that the algorithm seems to favor so much (it has no idea everyone needs to beeline animal husbandry/archery on deity or that if you give me multiple plantation resources, then I'd like a farmable resource in my first two rings, etc.). But chances are, I'll bump into a CS first while moving a unit onto a hill into line of sight, and then NOT get the bonus.

Firaxis please fix this!

I encountered this with Brazil during a game over the weekend. My warrior met a Culture CS prior to settling, received an envoy point, but no +2 culture in my cap. They wound up wearing Brazilian colors shortly thereafter as the penalty.

I encountered this bug recently as well. The fix is pretty simple. Just save the game right after you settle (before ending your turn), and then reload the save. The game seems to recalcualte everything after loading a save so it should be normal after that.

I encountered this bug recently as well. The fix is pretty simple. Just save the game right after you settle (before ending your turn), and then reload the save. The game seems to recalcualte everything after loading a save so it should be normal after that.

Thanks for the tip.

Top Bottom