Not getting Magnus chop bonus?

toniokroger

Chieftain
I'm building settlers in my city, with Magnus as governor and running the 50% settler bonus card. Around turn 50-80, the yields that I'm getting with each chop of forest is only 100 hammers. (for rainforest, it's 50 food / 50 hammers).

Is that right? I thought I'd be getting 150% bonus on my chops. Does anyone know what the base yield is for a forest chop at that stage of the game?

Magnus + cards is OP anyway, so serves you right :D

On a serious note, what's your era? I think it depends on that. And the game speed probably. And just in case, you didn't forget to wait until he gets established, and wait a turn after taking the card?

With all i remember those numbers seem alright.
AFAIK: The base production a forest chop yields is 20. This is increased by the number of researched techs or civics (whichever is higher) multiplied with 3.5. At turn 50 this should be something like 6 * 3.5 + 20 = 41. Add 150% for Magnus and settler policy: 41 + 61.5 = 102.5.

So it all depends what your base chopping values are with regards to your tech/civic progression. Here's @Victoria's table which I used for reference: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...ting-trade-yields.624280/page-3#post-14918177

But the easiest way to check ingame if you're getting all the boni you should be getting is to just move a builder to another forest in a city without Magnus that is producing something else and check the chopping value. If this value + 150% equals 100 cogs, everything's fine.

Edit: Btw I have no clue what the "bonus" column in the linked table is about. Anyone knows?

Edit: Btw I have no clue what the "bonus" column in the linked table is about. Anyone knows?

Bonus Resources: stone, copper, cows, sheep, wheat, rice, bananas, fish, crabs ... I'm probably forgetting some.

With all i remember those numbers seem alright.
AFAIK: The base production a forest chop yields is 20. This is increased by the number of researched techs or civics (whichever is higher) multiplied with 3.5. At turn 50 this should be something like 6 * 3.5 + 20 = 41. Add 150% for Magnus and settler policy: 41 + 61.5 = 102.5.

So it all depends what your base chopping values are with regards to your tech/civic progression. Here's @Victoria's table which I used for reference: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...ting-trade-yields.624280/page-3#post-14918177

But the easiest way to check ingame if you're getting all the boni you should be getting is to just move a builder to another forest in a city without Magnus that is producing something else and check the chopping value. If this value + 150% equals 100 cogs, everything's fine.

Note that the description of the chop does not include policy cards or any other modifiers. So if your "base" value for a chop is 50, with Magnus, the tooltip will show 100, but you'll actually get 150 applied to the production cost of the settler.

Top Bottom