Not Happy with Lack of Animations

sk065

Chieftain
Please patch the game to include animations during MP. I play on LAN with my friends and I would like to appreciate the GFX.

Especially now you have bombard. It would get a bit confusing not being able to see how someone has bombarded you...

Thanks

Its been taken out of MP to speed up gameplay. This has been confirmed by 2k Greg.

Agreed.

Hopefully its an easy thing to patch in, and wont cause synch issues and whatnot.

I'm not happy either. Its one thing if they just dont show melee units attacking, but if ranged units are shooting me I want to know where from.

How many times is this thread going to get remade... ok we get it you guys want animations.

It wasn't put in because most multiplayers find it annoying.

Just seems like there were smarter ways to handle it. Like show the animations, but not force you to watch them. You could then turn them off if it was a lag issue or something.

It's not lag, combat animations means you don't know the result of the battle until the animations are over. It also means you can't move the unit being attacked or do anything with it for the several seconds it takes to have the battle finish.

And again, it doesn't matter if they're off for me; if one person has them on and uses it on me then I suffer the consequence of that.

It's not lag, combat animations means you don't know the result of the battle until the animations are over. It also means you can't move the unit being attacked or do anything with it for the several seconds it takes to have the battle finish.

And again, it doesn't matter if they're off for me; if one person has them on and uses it on me then I suffer the consequence of that.

I'm with Cashew, most MPers and definitelly all competitive MPers don't want animations, it just slows the game down for everyone.

Now given that it would not hurt to have an option to turn them on, but there might be an issue with the minimized user interface and were to put all these requested options......

CS

I've been waiting a long time it seems for a Civ game to look as nice as Civ 5 is looking, and I really dislike the thought that if I were to play Lan games that the animations have been ripped out of the game, while many people like to quote that the graphics are not important and it's the gameplay that matters, I'm a firm believer that it's the entire package that matters.

Please add an option to turn them back on and let the user decide if they are slowing down their game too much, and or fix it so that they don't slow down the game too much, perhaps skipping frames or something like that in the animations so that they are still there and still look good but perhaps that would be enough to make them usable in MP.

I'm the odd man out, I don't subscribe to the 'a completed game is better than a non completed game', I am of the mind that it's not the end result of who won or lost, but the fun that I had along the way. As you might be able to tell, I'm not competitive, I play to have fun and if my playmates have to run off to go get their grandmothers some chicken fingers for dinner and have to leave early with our game unfinished, I'm fine with that.

Options are rarely a bad thing in vidoe games The only downside that I see to having it as an option would be that people tend to complain because they want all options to work on their computer and their game, but that is easily countered by the community that is so vocal anyway telling them it's an option and if it is too slow for them to turn it off. PERIOD.

I agree, I am not a "competitive" mper, I mostly play with family and friends. and its frustrating not to be able to see the pretty animations. why not just make it an option on the game settings? so that the game host determines it so someone with a slow comp doesn't slow down the game because they want to see the pretty shiny things. Or perhaps even just allow the option in LAN play? (still wouldn't fix my gripe since my family is elsewhere, but it would be close at least).

bigdenFiraxis Producer Join Date: Jul 2007 Posts: 115

Animations in multiplayer was something our fans actually wanted removed because of simultaneous turns (waiting for animations to play was slowing down the game). We'll be looking at this in the very near future.

Found here:
http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1140203&postcount=14

(feel free to answere him if you want it too)

more disccusions from people witch are angry here:
http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/sho...=1#post1139991
http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/sho...t=86883&page=3
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=380146
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1439967

He's right, it's game-breaking! I actually managed to play online today and I couldn't stand it. It's BAD. Units teleporting everywhere. My units get bombarded, and I need to think like Sherlock Holmes just to figure out who hit me. Things get confusing very fast.

This isn't a simple cosmetic nuisance my friends, it's game-breaking and I can't play like this.

I'm pretty sure you two both don't know what game-breaking means. It doesn't mean game ruining.

Top Bottom