Not sure but...

Buni0ns

Warlord
Hi,

First post, long time lurker on and off again since Civ 4 blah blah blah...

This morning I fired up a game (Epic Speed, King Difficulty, 14 total Civs, Huge Continents Map) to start the day. I dunno if this is the most amazing start or not so great due to isolation, but:

What do you think of my plans?

Washington: Needs a Harbor just for the trade route : I think placing it in the tile next to two sea resources is the best place for it.
Also, without an Entertainment Zone, the placement for Colosseum is invalid. This is also the best city to have an Entertainment Zone anyway.

City 2 : It looks to me like if the city center were move to the other side of the river it would be within 3 hexes of the Crab and so I'd place it there.
Needs a Commercial District & Harbor just for the trade routes. Putting the Commercial District where you've labeled City 2 is fine. I think the stronger play for the Harbor District is to place next to Commercial one to further increase Commercial than next to just one sea resource.
Campus: I think SE of the Holy Site would give it a stronger bonus than due west.
And unless going for Cultural victory I'd lose the theater.

City 3: First the barb camp needs cleared.
Needs a Commercial District & Harbor just for the trade routes. Build harbor next to either of the sea resources. Place Commercial District adjacent to the Harbor.

Crabs aren't luxes anymore, so it isn't that important to the city placement. I'd prefer to take the +1 food on the fish over the +2 gold on the crab. Not settling on the forest might be nice though, because then you can chop it later or turn it into a lumber mill.

Also, city 2 has a really nice spot for a holy site sandwiched between two natural wonder tiles and a mountain. You might prefer to place it there.

You know yesterday, i noticed the pin option and i was like "He, what is this for???"
Now that i see you picture i feel really stupid. I cannot count the number of time i planned a city and then completely forgot what i intended....

Yeah, I need to use pins more. I just built a commercial district over the last available aqueduct spot in a city that needed it.

Top Bottom