Notes on 9/21 screenshots

Phorever Phalanx

Chieftain
No doubt some of this was already known, but here is some stuff I learned:

There are 8 active civs on the summary replay!

Joan of Arc is definitely the French leader.

The Japanese leader is male (Nobunaga?)

Some of the Wonders kept their proper names (Smith's Trading Comapany, Magellen's Voyage).

Theory of Evolution in definitely a wonder.

Culture points are represented by musical (eighth) notes, but when there are too many to count, there isn't a number for the total.

- It looks like mines can be built on grasslands in Civ3! Look at all those little mines on this main map screenshot (last screen on page 3 of the civ3.com gallery).

- One of those yellow buttons at the bottom of the screenshot looks like a tree. We should still able to "plant" forest.

- 40 Food per Citizen?? found this in a post made by <I>Ex Mudder</I> in the strategic newsgroup:

<font color=brown>Why mine grasslands? Well, unlike both Civ and SMAC, it only takes 40 food to increase your city's size, no matter how large it is. Check out the size of the food bins - screenshot 17 is empty, and has 40 spaces in a size 11 city, screenshot 20 is 2/3 full, but still only 40 spaces in a size 12 city. So there is less need to irrigate grasslands. Instead, you can mine grassland to get that extra special shield that only 1/2 of all grasslands start out with.</font>

- Yes, mines can be built on grasslands. This is seen on the two pictures of Paris (citymgmt, citymgmt2).
- The river gives extra commerce for both tiles between it lies for any types of territory. In result, the river affects on tiles around it, not under it. May be now unit moves along the river not over it.
- It looks like each population point are reached by 40 food not depend of city size. It signs the cities will growth faster.

For growth from 1 to 2 population point in Civ2 city must collect 20 foods. If 40 foods always need for growth it signs the cities will slowly growth in the beginning.

So if cities are going to start growing pretty quickly, will there be any purpose to building a granary, or the pyramids for that reason??

I loved to build the pyramids, but if cities are going to grow fairly quickly without granaries, why not use those resources for some cultural wonder instead??

Thoughts?

granaries are still usefull at the beginning of the game when there are no or just a few improvements around the cities and in areas where the terrain is pretty unfriendly (lots of mountains, deserts ert.)

Originally posted by Unknown soldier
Did u also noticed the "French republic" associated with "Egyptian worker"? Maybe thats what they meant by slavery in other previews, or maybe the worker was bribed and kept the nationality.
All units wit 0 defense may be captured, and they keep their nationality.

Top Bottom