Notification spam

zippysguitar

Chieftain
Just finished my first g&k game. Loved it.
But, omg the nitofication spam with relighion, espionage and cs stuff. That list needs to be sorted somehow. Every turn id have to scroll through about 20 messages!!!

Yeah, there are more notifications now. But then, even this is with a reduction of notification spam in some areas. First instance, when you declare war on a civ, you don't get a notification of declaration of war for each of the city states involved; they are bundled into the one notification.

The WLTKD ones could, in particular, be rationalised, whilst the espionage ones seems a little buggy at this stage (you get two separate notifications for two distinct pieces of intrigue gathered by the one spy, which could really be rolled into one - sometimes this actually means you can share intrigue twice with the same leader on the same turn!).

I found it too much info in the end whilst also being at war so just ignored it all and still won :)
They seem to have gone a little mad on cs requests which popped loads of messages :/

Ironically enough the most imrportant ones are broken again (Warsaw has been conquered/Netherlands has been conquered) which seems to have been broken by Vanilla patch alone.

I think they just need to make the notification icons smaller so you don't have to spend too much time clicking till you see one that might make or break your turn. The CS declaration one has denitely been improved though.

Actually, I like the notification spam. Gives me something interesting during the sometimes boring next turn - next turn - etc. periods in the game

Top Bottom