1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[Vanilla] Notification that War is Declared by Ally, Nothing Happens for a Long Time, Now Suddenly They Attack

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by Axelancer, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Axelancer

Axelancer Chieftain

EDIT: Sorry for not putting it in the title. I am in version 1.0.0.194 (313929), with the Aztec DLC added.

I'm 347 turns into my current game. I have been on-and-off allies with Germany throughout the game. At one point, while we were allies, some strange things happened with City States that I can't fully remember. Either Germany declared war on a City State that I was Suzerain of (either Jerusalem, Seoul, or La Venta) , or two of our city states fought each other for some reason, I can't remember. But in the notifications on the right side of the screen, I see "Germany has Declared War on Victoria" (me). I was a little confused, so I checked the diplomacy page for Germany, and we sure enough we were still allies. I thought nothing of it and assumed it meant to say "Germany Declared War on (City State I am Suzerain of)" and that it was just a little inconsequential bug.

Now, many turns later, a German unit passes through my territory, and the icon comes up for my city to range strike it. I try it, and it works, and damages their unit. I test more, moving one of my units nearby, and they are able to fight each other. Now, I can see their units massed outside of my borders. This is pretty gamebreaking for me, because I needed to rely on not needed to defend from that civ, since we were allies.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  2. Axelancer

Axelancer Chieftain

A few updates:

I reloaded back to when it appeared, and left the German unit alone. It wandered around and attacked whatever unit it could find, but didn't attack any cities.

Also I can now confirm that at the same time this unit was wandering through my territory and attacking things, Germany was conquering a City State I was currently Suzerain of.

I am also the type of player to frequently check different diplomacy screens and menus while I am waiting for the AI to finish their actions, and it could have happened from that.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  3. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Can you post a save file?

4. Axelancer

Axelancer Chieftain

Of course, here is the save!

Attached Files:

5. FearSunn

FearSunn Chieftain

Just confirming it is still could happen with 2017 Autumn Patch.

Japan declared friendship with me and I've immediately asked for alliance and got it. Then still in diplomacy action screen Cleopatra poped up and declared war on me. And immediately after that Japan (my ally for the moment) also declared war on me.

I assume Japan was dragged into the Joint war on me by Egypt. Everything happened on the same turn. I've even had no chance to close diplomacy screen.

Now I see alliance flag with Japanese gentleman while his troops killing my merchans.

In console Players[me]:GetDiplomacy():IsAtWarWith(japan) returns TRUE.