1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NOTIFICATION_(type)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - SDK / LUA' started by Drawmeus, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Drawmeus

Drawmeus Emperor

Is it possible to add notification types in the DLL?

I'm looking around and I can't find where the notification types are defined - looking like I'll have to define it in Lua, which seems odd.

2. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

No you can't, but you don't need to as I rewrote the notification code (based on Sneaks and alpacas code) - see UI - Notification Options (GK) (there is also a non-G&K version)

"Also provides an interface for adding custom notifications and/or overriding existing ones"

3. Drawmeus

Drawmeus Emperor

Checking it out, thanks.

4. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

I really need to document how to add new notifications, so any questions, just ask here and I'll try and write a short "how to" - but you may be able to work out how to do it from the Corral notification in "Units - Herdsmen"

5. Drawmeus

Drawmeus Emperor

On the one hand, when I downloaded your Herdsmen mod, I didn't see any custom notifications in there.

On the other hand, working from your UI - Notifications thread's examples, I figured it out without too much trouble. It's integrated and working now.

Thanks again, and Merry Christmas (or Happy Holidays, or if you don't celebrate *any* holidays, have a nice day~)

6. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Doh! Meant "Mounted Units"