NOTOR: Nations of the Old Republic

My entire fleet was destroyed except for 20 LCs and 1 BC. :(

Rule changes on player request:

Right, well several imbalances were noted during the last battle, and afterwards several issues of concern were raised by the players who participated. Lighthearter in particular helped me to identify and to an extent hopefully solve these problems.

The first change that will happen, is that in contrast to canon of this period, I will be creating a bomber unit, and giving each player 100 of them. These will be very useful in attacking and destroying capital ships of all types, but rather inaccurate so they are not too good for attacking LCs and below. This is if they can bypass the fighters in the opposing fleet of course. BFs will also be given a limited bombing capability.

The second change is not really a change, but rather an explanation, as an issue of concern was raised regarding how overpowered the NPCs are. This is true, they are very overpowered compared to the players. However, I must ask you to trust me on this, because I will not reveal everything that I plan on doing. Know this though. The NPCs are fighting eahc other, and they WILL be decreased in size, and in fleet strength. They control more planets, and therefore have a larger military than the players, AT FIRST. The republic in particular is unstable, and will have several revolters appear in future turns. These will either be NPC'ed, or taken over by new players if the new player wants them. They will also be fairly weak, perfect prey for players seeking conquest. Not only that, but players will also grow. If you notice, besides your starting fleets and numbers of planets, you arent far behind the NPCs in industrial and eocnomic means.

The third, is that I will be making the LC, or Light Cruiser, more capable in battle. I have recently heard they are not more than damage soakers, and I will consequently be increasing their stats slightly, but not by much.

Any suggestions and feedback ARE welcome should you feel a problem has not been addressed.

The Correllian Confederation commissions the constructions two battlecruisers as well as investing in peacefully swaying Manaan to the confederation's side.

Manaan is a netrual planet, why would it join?

Ok. I am very, VERY confused in regards to the usage to the chatroom. When can one use it?!

Ok. I am very, VERY confused in regards to the usage to the chatroom. When can one use it?!

Im sorry about that Civgeneral. Due to the lack of another chatroom, I do certain solo missions for another game in that chat with Lighthearter. I guess I forgot to notify you guys in this thread. Its a dual purpose chat like every other chatroom around here. You can use it anytime you want, although RP chat is a better place to get into contact with people, and we can move to the NOTOR chat once a mission is already set up.

http://realpolitik.chatango.com/

Thats RP chat, which is another name for an all purpose LH chat, and is used for everything basically that involves LH or another RPer. If you just want to chat, I suggest you go there, and then move to NOTOR chat if we are doing a mission.

You can get on RP chat now and we can talk about any missions you want to do, or any questions you may have.

Again, sorry about that.

EDIT: It also helps to set up an aco**** on chatango so you dont appear as an ANON. Nobody knows who you are if your an ANON, so they arent trusted.

Never trust anon.

Is anybody still interested in this? I only have 2 sets of orders! You can have a few more days to get them in, but the deadline was today. So I need to know if you guys still want to play this, and if so, then please send in orders.

Top Bottom