Notre-Dame is burning!

That show has a splendid idea for the Notre Dame rebuild too!

In other not-so-cool news, some firefighters have been arrested for raping a Norwegian woman.

Hope they burn?

Like, firefighters who were at Notre Dame?
Yeah. From what I read they were out celebrating the effort at some pubs. A woman went with them back to a fire station, and had voluntary sex with one of them. Then a bunch of others decided to rape her. She pressed charges and some of them got arrested. Think it was 5 or 6 people.

I read this quickly yesterday so maybe some of the above details are a bit fuzzy, but it should be the gist of it.

Yeah. From what I read they were out celebrating the effort at some pubs. A woman went with them back to a fire station, and had voluntary sex with one of them. Then a bunch of others decided to rape her. She pressed charges and some of them got arrested. Think it was 5 or 6 people.

I read this quickly yesterday so maybe some of the above details are a bit fuzzy, but it should be the gist of it.

Jesus Christ. What a bunch of a-holes.

Of course... floating platforms made of plastic... fill the arctic with giant plastic platforms... problem solved :mischief:

and we can pay the locals to maintain the platforms...fighting poverty and saving bears at the same time

Do you think Berzeker will see this video and be like "hey that's actually a good idea"

Platforms wont help polar bears? Thats too bad, I guess they're goners then,

Two months after the fire, the phony generosity of the wealthy:

Small donors, not French tycoons, help pay Notre Dame works

The billionaire French donors who publicly proclaimed they would give hundreds of millions to rebuild Notre Dame have not yet paid a penny toward the restoration of the French national monument, according to church and business officials.

Instead, it’s mainly American and French individuals, via Notre Dame charitable foundations, that are behind the first donations paying the bills and salaries for up to 150 workers employed by the cathedral since the April 15 fire that devastated its roof and caused its masterpiece spire to collapse. This month they are handing over the first private payment for the cathedral’s reconstruction of 3.6 million euros ($4 million).

“The big donors haven’t paid. Not a cent,” said Andre Finot, senior press official at Notre Dame. “They want to know what exactly their money is being spent on and if they agree to it before they hand it over, and not just to pay employees’ salaries.”
The first private check toward the rebuilding, according to Picaud, is being transferred by the foundations for 3.6 million euros ($4.1 million). That also includes funds from mainly small French donors, collected by the sister Notre Dame Foundation. The French state has also paid funds toward the massive consolidation operation.

Two dedicated workers have been cleaning the toxic lead dust from the cathedral’s forecourt for weeks, and up to 148 more have been cleaning inside and outside the edifice as well as restoring it, according to Finot.
Workers are building a wooden walkway so they can remove 250 tons of burnt-out scaffolding that had been installed before the fire for the ill-fated restoration of Notre Dame’s spire. They will then replace the existing plastic protection with a bigger, more robust umbrella roof. After that, they will begin reconstructing the roof and vaulting.
Finot said this process will take months and will be paid in part by the Friends of Notre Dame and other foundations.

Top Bottom