NOTW LII - The Immortals II [SIGN-UP Thread]

Hot interview tip: introduce yourself as 'the Wise Wizard'.

It goes in cycles I think (like most things). NotW V and VII both ran over two threads, and I think the original Snakes & Foxes had three (can't quite remember). And we are talking six or seven years ago for those.

Personally I prefer NotW how it is now to how it was a while back in... I'm tempted to say the teens (X through XIX) where games would be entirely dictated by MSN chats and the public thread was ancillary. Those aren't days I'm eager to return to.

I'm trying to think back that far... My first game was XVI, and while there was a ton of PM'ing (I didn't IM at all back then, didn't until XIX), the thread was active as well and not a ton of spam. Ditto XVIII, and that game definitely wasn't dictated by MSN or PM as I solo'd that one pretty much (didn't deal with much PM'ing either outside of the occasional Methos chat). The thread probably wasn't as active as other had been though, I don't recall a ton of conversation after the midgame. I got killed first in XVII and XIX (go figure), but from what I remember XIX was done through IM chat's a whole bunch along with PM's. However, what was in the thread was at least almost entirely IC.

I do miss the teens (ah, life was much simpler back then, no?), but probably miss the early twenties the most. I think those games had the right blend of RP, in-thread stuff, and IM'ing. Stuff's changed along the way, the games, the hosting, the players, but objectively I can't say if things were better or worse back then compared to now. I just personally preferred it.

I'm trying to think back that far... My first game was XVI, and while there was a ton of PM'ing (I didn't IM at all back then, didn't until XIX), the thread was active as well and not a ton of spam. Ditto XVIII, and that game definitely wasn't dictated by MSN or PM as I solo'd that one pretty much (didn't deal with much PM'ing either outside of the occasional Methos chat). The thread probably wasn't as active as other had been though, I don't recall a ton of conversation after the midgame. I got killed first in XVII and XIX (go figure), but from what I remember XIX was done through IM chat's a whole bunch along with PM's. However, what was in the thread was at least almost entirely IC.

Perhaps I am overstating how prevalent it was; my memory of that far back is hazy so it may just have been one or two games in particular that I am remembering. (They may have been prior to XVI, as well.)

What I'm vaguely recalling as 'dark days' are games in which lynches were primarily decided by players, who had not posted at all throughout the day, showing up ten minutes before the deadline and bandwagoning. That's the memory I have which means I don't really like to complain about players posting too much nowadays (especially since those players are also usually active behind the scenes as well).

I think the public thread is spammed because there is a lot more private channel comm options such as QTs, so any real discussions take place there or via PM so the public thread becomes an area where ppl blow off steam or to post inconsequential stuff to show that they are active. It is not like the olden days and it never will be - not that I was there for most of it!

I don't think there is even that much spam. A higher activity level in the thread doesn't mean it's all spam. I don't think there's really any reason to think the ratio of spam:non-spam is different.

I'd be willing to confine myself to a certain post limit, let's say, no more than 30 posts per game Day, provided we use the same rule (2+2) that post limits are removed 1 hour before End Of Day (to allow for vote switching, last minute claims, etc)

If the other high-posters would agree to a similar restriction, we could keep the content level high and the spam level low, and the thread readable for even a casual gamer.

Does anyone really post 30 times a Day?

Hello my friend we meet again
It's been a while, where should we begin
Feels like forever
Within my head are memories
Of all those posts that you had to read
Oh I'm spam-mer....

When you guys play with me, I'm free
I'll make endless posts for you to read
More than the others I'll yak
Except perhaps... Takh
Mr. lolcats

Did you know that the Amurites can't help themselves when it comes to artistic and articulate alliteration?

Does anyone really post 30 times a Day?
Erm…
Hello my friend we meet again
It's been a while, where should we begin
Feels like forever
Within my head are memories
Of all those posts that you had to read
Oh I'm spam-mer....

When you guys play with me, I'm free
I'll make endless posts for you to read
More than the others I'll yak
Except perhaps... Takh
Mr. lolcats
Hey, yo, pizzadude, you say I should rap but I don't know how to rhyme, so nyan!

*headbangs along to the music*

Why am I a naive ninja? Does that have anything to do with my liking for the 1337-ninja from Mystic Revolution?

I can live with a high volume of pizza posts as long as they aren't all longer than an Ayn Rand novel.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=523518

Game thread is now open.

I havn't populated the Night Zero and Morning One story posts. I have given you the essence but I have run out of time to write it up properly.

Your role PM's have a link to some player sprites. Each of you posts should contain a sprite. I don't care if you use the same one over and over.

However if you want to edit the sprites feel free. If you want additional material to work with just let me know.

That's incentive enough for reading the rules and the rest of your posts in the thread.

Some things I have made deliberately unclear but others were not intentional.

Just to clarify around Mana orbs. These 5 types are the only ones in the game.

Orbs:
Air Mana
Earth Mana
Water Mana
Fire Mana
Raw Mana.

I have also updated the Morning one update to put back in the part I accidentally cut out around the Wizard's Mana orbs.

Nuh uh, in fact, you can taste my new Lava flavoured WAFER

And no, I didn't just combine earth and fire into one tasty treat

Top Bottom