NOTW XL: Return of the Baron (Game Thread)

Autolycus

Emperor
Morning Day 1​

It was the morning when the Circus was supposed to depart, but the Ringmaster wasn't rousing them, so few stirred. Finally, there came a piercing scream from the Animal Handler. He'd just found the lions. There throats had been ripped out by what seemed like a wolf, and the Lion Tamer was nowhere to be found. Circus folk piled out of their tents. Except the Ringmaster. Meanwhile, an answering scream came from the town proper. The Mayor was lying in the street, mauled as though by a beast
Spoiler :
The Mayor was Town!!

"This is your fault!!" Cried the swiftly forming mob of townsfolk. "Clearly, you brought whatever beast it was that killed our mayor"

"Or maybe you're the ones that killed our lions!" retorted the carnies. Still rubbing his eyes, the strong man emerged from the tent he shared with the Lion Tamer.

"Break it up, break it up! The Lion Tamer left this note, when he left, which must have been some time in the night."

Dear Sirs and Madams,
It has truly been a pleasure to travel with you all. The fear in the eyes of your lions was truly delightful, though I'm sorry none of you noticed. However, the time has come for me to take my leave. Never fear, I've left some new whelps among you to keep you company. Bye-bye, Foxford.
Best,
Duin Halfmorn​

The town let out a gasp. The Innkeeper charged into his Inn and shortly thereafter dragged out the Serving Wench.
"Sorry, Sonny, but it seems you have to die."

"But, but, my name's not even Sonny, it's Irma!"

"Yes, it is, it's right here in your contract." The Innkeeper took out his reading glasses, unrolled the parchment and read.
"The undersigned, in exchange for being employed at this Inn as serving wench, doth agree to be hereafter named Sonny and killed immediately in the event of a werewolf attack. I always wondered why that was in our stock contract, but now I know. You must be the wolf!" And so saying, he slit her throat.

Spoiler :
Sonny/Irma was Town

A gust of wind came up, knocking over many of the tents, including the RingMaster's, revealing him lying on the ground with a pentagram of blood around him. The crowd stared at his corpse, dumbstruck.

Spoiler :
The Ring Master was a loyal member of theCircus

It was then that a man wandered into town and began, strangely enough, to sing.
"Well, Ya got trouble my friends,
Right here in River City.
With a Capital T, which rhymes with C,
which stands for cultists!"

People joined in and had a rousing musical number. Finally, the song ended and someone said "So what, you think we should get a Boy Band?"
"Well, you could try 'NSync, but I think angry lynch mobs might be more effective." replied the man, and he took off, with a blur of wings that the others hadn't noticed before.

Circus 15/15
Acrobat classical_hero
Animal Feeder Takhisis
Bearded Lady landlubber
Clown cpdwane
Contortionist Camikaze
Fortune Teller Seon
Juggler BananaLee
Lovely Assistant Zack
Magician Renata
Mermaid Earthling
Merman Methos
Strong Man The Bake
Tight-Rope Walker red_spy
Trapeze Artist choxorn
Unicyclist mythmonster2

Town 15/15
Acolyte Romanichine
Adept Winston Hughes
Banana Plantation Owner Aiolos
Blacksmith atpg
Innkeeper Kennigit
Jailer robbiecon
Matchmaker rhawn
Miner ThAmo
Orphan TFA
School Teacher Bsmith
Seamstress General Olaf
Shepherd Southern King
Slave Nictel
Urchin civplayah
Wheat Farmer Skooma

Dead
Mayor Town
Irma/ Sonny Town
RingMaster Circus

Begin Day 1
More Rules in Next Post
Day ends at 6 pm EDT on Sunday​

Rules​
Town and Circus are the two townie teams, they both have traditional Townie VC

No talking in thread at night!!!
No quoting my PMs!!!
You may quote, forge, etc, other people's PMs
You may not reveal any QT link I give you.
Please include me on your PMs and summarize your other out-of-thread communications, it makes my life more interesting.
Days will ordinarily be 47 hours
I will do a write-up an hour thereafter.
Nights will be 24 hours
Accuse simply by bolding the name, retract by putting a dash through it.
No talking at all once dead, except for meaningless fun ghost comments, unless I tell you otherwise.
PM me with questions
Have fun!!

Violations will be met with Warnings and/or WOGs as I see fit.

Now why did that fine lass Irma have to die? What did she do but sign a contract dooming herself without even knowing it? What kind of town does that?

Oh poor Irma, what an awful contract for the innkeeper to make.

Well, evidently the animal feeder Takhisis has been neglecting his duties if these animals are after fresher meat.

That Bearded Lady, Landlubber, has always creeped me out. She just isn't natural, gentlemen.

Trapeze? I hate trapeze. choxorn should obviously be evil since you know all trapeze artists are.

Isn't that strange that the Innkeeper would put a contract clause like that. Pray tell why you would have such a thing?

Oh poor Irma, what an awful contract for the innkeeper to make.

Well the wolf of Foxford was Sonny the mead-wench. We took care of that, but *someone* still had to have her job.

Maybe a job doesn't define a person. *thinking wistfully* Maybe it's who they want to beeeeeeee.

YOU KILLED SONNY!!!! DIE KENNIGIT!!!

I think I can predict the future. I predict that we will be impaled by a Bannor Paladi...oh err... no this omen means.... that we will be killed by a tea cup?

Does anybody know where I Put that darn manual?

Maybe it's at the inn. But then again, that acolyte came around and put bibles in all of our rooms and took the other books out.

Have any of you seen my parents? :( This is scary.

No Bruce, they're dead. Maybe you should join the circus though.

Good potential employment. I can be a reference for you in your application if you want. I'm here to help out!

YOU KILLED SONNY!!!! DIE KENNIGIT!!!

I think I can predict the future. I predict that we will be impaled by a Bannor Paladi...oh err... no this omen means.... that we will be killed by a tea cup?

Seon must die for this overacting.

Top Bottom