NOTW XLVIII -- The DOOM Project, Episode II: The Orphans of Oblivion [Game Thread]

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Dreadnought, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Deity

Gentlemen! You're supposed to be professionals! Keep non-essential radio chatter to a minimum!

2. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

The usual "I don't care that you're lynching me, look, I'll even vote myself... OH WAIT I DO CARE, DON'T LYNCH ME"

Like I said before, I'm having a hard time believing his role. No host would design such a sh|tty role. He is hiding something.

Pizza lies all the time. This gives an easy excuse for both being scanned OPFOR and not dying at night.

I have never heard of a miller being informed of their ability.

Insists on going on missions, despite negative discretion.

Says I'm scum, refuses to vote for me for bizarre reasons.

Only people he has bothered to make a case against accused him first.

Makes promises/ultimatums which he does not keep. ("If you're going to lynch me, do it now" ---> "You are scum because you want to lynch me" ; "I promise to be silent and accept the lynch" ---> loud as ever, does not accept lynch)

Is not buying any items to improve his negative discretion, despite having the requisite credits.

tl;dr Yes, yes I can.

3. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

Zack's right. fos:Askthepizzaguy

4. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

Huh, I guess that is kind of scummy.

unvote, vote no lynch

5. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

Sorry if this is another spam post, but you win my award for "CFC's most creative 'stop spamming' post of 2013."

6. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Yes it has made it hard. Far too many people are going to Bogota for Selfish reason and not working for the team. We have an objective to do and thus we should ensure that we get this task done before getting possible information.

Move:Moscow
    Vote:no lynch
    Buy:scuba

7. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

have they been sent out, because I haven't received mine?

8. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

I thought we were going to wait to go to JINR until we were stronger, but it appears that some want to go ahead and complete the mission now. Probably a good idea, considering time is against us, but we should have more people go if it's truly what we want to do.

Unmove, Move: JIRN

9. Buddhafish

Buddhafish Abbey Road

Well with the last however many pages being spam, we've lost track of the objective.

Would it be nice to wait on Moscow until we were stronger? Hell yes. But since we already had 8 operatives (classical makes 9, Zack makes 10) already committed, there was no way we were getting everyone off of the mission. And if even one person goes and doesn't switch in time, they're forced to try the mission alone. And that wouldn't be good at all.

So we might as well keep on plugging away at Moscow. One more operative would be nice. Obviously not everyone is going to have a discretion of 1, but more people still would be a nice addition. Maybe none of us will get arrested this time.

10. Nintz

Nintz King of the Britons

Unmove, Move: JIRN

Unvote; Vote: No Lynch as placeholder unless someone comes up with a actually decent argument.

11. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Deity

Everyone will be getting a PM in regards to their financial situations and mission debriefings (non essential game information, just stat changes). They're coming by carrier pigeon rather than PM though, so they might not have gotten to you yet.

12. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

Very much this, especially the things about the role, even if it is metagamey. Surely there's something non-sucky about Pizza's role if he's innocent.

But most of all, ATPG is a lying bastard, in every game he ever plays. Put it on a sticky note and stick it to your computer, tattoo it on your hand, whatever: just remember that ATPG is a lying bastard. Is it true that what he's saying right now paints a big target on him and makes some things harder for him? Absolutely. But that's the entirety of his defense. That he would never do anything like this, because it couldn't possibly benefit him or his team if he was mafia.

And that's total WIFOM. He would never do this, because it would make him look bad, so we shouldn't lynch him. But he must have known we'd think like this, so he made himself look bad intentionally, so we'd think he'd never do anything like that as mafia and not lynch him.

Well, I've seen ATPG play enough times to know that there is no tactic that is so insanely crazy he won't try to do it. It might make no sense at all, it might look completely counter-intuitive, it might make it seem like nobody would ever possibly do anything like that if they were scum. But this is ATPG we're talking about. And would he make up a claim like this if he was mafia? Absolutely, if he thought he could get away with it. And considering how he's managed to convince most people to lynch someone other than him, it's working.

TL;DR: Lynch ATPG. Now.

13. johnhughthom

johnhughthom Emperor

Unvote; Vote: ATPG

I have paid no attention to the guff that emanated from Pizza's role claim. I don't like his idea that we should all do a mission that only needs a few players to succeed. Seems sabotagey.

Since he ruined my jaunt to Bogota to buy coke look for monsters I'll switcheroo and Unmove; Move: JINR.

14. Ravus_Sol

Ravus_Sol God-Emperor of Mankind

The Spam post is especially annoying to those in a different timezone. I had to read through all that bollocks in one sitting. To summerise Zack's thoughts in my own words. ATPG has been sympathetic, revealing his miller status. He has then been jester and spam like in his uncaringness. He has been cynical by voting for himself. He has been aggressive and rude, by refusing to say HOW MUCH negative discretion he has and insulting people who ask. He has then been contradictory by then throwing blame on others. Followed by being conciliatory and trying to act as though he is very pro-town.

And lets not forget that it was his lovely idea to not do a priority mission this turn. More so, that he tried to convince all those people going to russia to go to HIS mission. He has encouraged us to waste time this turn for a lousy +2 credits, while adding people to his own mission. As far as I am concerned ATPG is the reason Spaceman got arrested yesterday and he wants more people on the mission he is trying to do to hide how bad his negative discretion really is. At least that was my original thought until I waded through 5 whole pages of him flip-flopping. Scum.

15. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

We might as well all die together and go to this JIRN, whatever it should be pronounced as.

16. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

Now, we dont want the Bogot√° mission to result in arrests, right? But, with all the spam, its a nightmare to keep track of the discretion.

17. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

Unvote; Vote: Askthepizzaguy

18. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

I must follow. unvote; vote: Askthepizzaguy

19. NinjaCow64

NinjaCow64 Thought Bubble Thinker Supporter

Indeed comrades, I believe that Comrade Razor is indeed a traitor. That is why I wished him to die earlier.

20. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

Buy: Boot Knife
    Vote: Nintz

Kind of an attempt to protect ATPG while not really adding any reasoning.