1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NOTW XXXV: Life's A Bore (Game Thread)

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Autolycus, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Beefy187

Beefy187 Prince

Pretty tough looking for a librarian Kennigit.
    But not too strong, so only a pressure vote

2. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

I'll vote Winston the shade as I pretty much view him as providing a false clue.

If you lynch me, I shall shade. So it goes. But as for cults, I am confused. I still don't see a game reason for classical hero to go after domination at the very start unless they are not the cult; I believe I said I thought the ritual of death was the Cult. That'd largely be based on the assumption they are taking the dead bodies for a ritual; call me a fool if you want.

Anyways, I also dislike how the alchemist keeps getting written up in the write ups. But that's just my personal opinion.

3. flamingzaroc121

flamingzaroc121 Emperor

I don't really understand why I am receiving votes....i didn't even vote for Romanichine, i just wanted to know his logic.

However, to me, there haven't been compelling arguments for anyone so I shall wait

4. Earthling

Earthling Deity

See, Mr. Giles, your studies on Demonology and so forth must be getting to your head. ;)

You keep on saying things like "the" cult or something that suggests you have a different understand of everything - your earlier comments on some things were interesting in similar ways.

A cult is generally a group that is going to recruit others. Thus, could be wrong in the end, but here's how I view things:

-Domination and classical were each leaders/members of separate "cults." To us I guess we just saw them as spreading some Faith. But that's why they -luckily- exposed each other

-I don't think the Ritual of Death is a "cult." I think they infiltrated our village at the start, they've not started out by recruiting others. (in other words, a typical Mafia/villain faction) I do agree they've probably got some nasty evil things going on - dead bodies and dark magics I could see, if they've not been killing every night they've been doing other stuff.

So do you know something more? I just am still suspicious you were converted at some point and trying to keep your cult alive/beat another cult.

If you do fade, best wishes good man, but I have to say I'm not looking at Romanichine being guilty and didn't want to add to that bandwagon.

5. Autolycus

Autolycus Emperor

My computer screen died, so write-up tomorrow will be a little late, and things may be rough the next couple days. Your patience is appreciated.

6. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

OOC: A fellow Troper? :king:

7. Romanichine

Romanichine Samurai

Okay - My thoughts about the cults:

There's 2 religions, Order and Faith. Skooma and Takhisis were spreading Order while Domination and another unknown is spreading the Faith. However it turns out that Order is a cover religion for the Ritual of Death, and that religion is dangerous. As for the Faith religion, I don't know if they're on our side or not.

How do I know this? Skooma converted me to the Order religion on Night 1. :eek: However it did not change my goal, which is still National Integrity. The Order religion is a fake and it they outnumber us they will win.

Skooma revealed some stuff to me because he was confused about his role and he thought I joined his team, but I did not, Autolycus was clear on that. So here's what he told me:

- The Ritual of Death is not the mafia, but they're anti-town. That means there's another enemy around, that we haven,t heard about.
    - Takhisis was his partner on Day 1, I've known about this since Night 1 but I didn't know what to do with that information.
    - He could convert someone every other night. Since he was lynched on Day 4, he was able to convert someone else on Night 3, but I don't know who it is.
    - The Order religion hates fades.

My ability is to put herbs at night in someone's tea so that the next day he will feel sick and will not be able to vote, or use day ability. However it does not stop night abilities, which makes me kinda useless if you ask me. And now I am feeling uncomfortable with this cancer following me around, hence why I am asking stupid and want to be lynched.

People I've made sick : N1 Methos, N2 FlamingZaroc, N3 civplayah, N4 Beefy, N5 Takhisis (but he was dead when I arrived)

So now that I've revealed everything I know, I think a lynch is in order.

Frozen In Ice vote: Romanichine

8. J-man

J-man Deity

OOC:

When will this midday end and the next night start?

9. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

Winston Hughes Romanichine

10. Ravus_Sol

Ravus_Sol God-Emperor of Mankind

Indeed, Tropes will ruin your life you know :king:

-

So what this arguement has degenerated to, is a arguement over which none-town faction is cult and which is skum... right?

Thank you for the person who cleared up my fears of the shades being used as tools. The lore makes more sense to say that the ritual of death is unconnected to shades but it will still be a niggling fear in the back of my mind.

But now we have this reveal by Romanichine and i'm a simple soul so i need it explained more fully... but why are you trying to get lynched? Okay so you were converted to the Order/death cult, but still had national integrity as your goal. You reveal some info about the death cult and your own ability (confirming Earthlings search of your rooms and the herbs there) which isn't so useless considering there are a few day abilities including a vigilante. But why are you trying to die?

Basically it's that paranoia thing i have. You see you write your whole monologue like a suicide note... but it's not. You get lynched and you shade. we'll still be stuck with you and my paranoia is worried you'll gain some power by being said shade.

So yes. For my sake of mind a explanation with more detail please.

-

PS, darn, just realised the day only has an hour left officially if Auto manages to get his comp working... hmmm

11. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

Listen up. Even if Romanichine has been converted, we've thoroughly crippled both the ritualists and the converters. We need to focus on the other villains soon or they'll cruise to victory.

Flaming Zaroc strikes an odd cord with me and I'll keep my vote there. I quite fancy that Winston might've something to do with an anti-innocent faction, since the clue strikes me as being very Winstony and led to the death of an, if somewhat unimportant, townsperson.

12. Ravus_Sol

Ravus_Sol God-Emperor of Mankind

Yeah but most interestingly we have a town full of "half-talkers" people who just pop up for a witty remark and vote then dissapear. Then we have you and earthling who are being very helpful yet have managed to not get killed. It's what's making me hope there isn't a third faction. Otherwise how could you two have survived untill now?

Oh to hell with this.

Ability: Jail, Role-block and lynch protection: Ravus the Jailer grabs Romanichine and drags him through the streets to the town jail where he locks the man up.

OOC: There. Thats my one time day ability used. We can bandwagon him tomorrow after he answers some proper questions but for now i don't trust him becoming a shade. This also stops him from being able to do anything and anyone being able to do anything to him if i understand the ability correctly. I don't know wether i was supposed to PM it or just post it on here but i'll do both. Now lets get our act together quickly with our now longer day.

Kennigit was backing the faithfull earlier on in the thread and Romanichines attempted suicide post backs up Earthlings scan ability and prescence of another convert. I also don't trust one of the shades but i don't know which one, Winston or Bestrfcplayer. But hopefully all they can do for now is confuse us with words.

13. Autolycus

Autolycus Emperor

Evening Day 6
    The death of the mayor threw everyone into a bit of confusion. Who would they force to fade, when there was no silent person to charge with dereliction of duty? Finally, several of them settled on the alchemist, including the alchemist. They were bearing down on him and he was preparing to accept his fate, when the jailer Ravus_Sol, still decrying the librarian, pushed through the crowd and insisted on locking the alchemist away. "We need every person's strength we can get! He can't fade now."

Surprised, the crowd made no move to impede him, and after a moment, muttering, they disbanded to their homes.
    Spoiler :
    Votes:
    Romanichine: 4-kennigit, romanichine, Lightfang, link16
    Kennigit-3 Ravus_Sol, Earthling. Beefy187

Day dawns in about 24 hours
    Night orders to me.​

14. remake20

remake20 :)

Hello young sirs and madams. It is I remake20 announcing my arrival. And also revealing that I may only post at night and not during the day.

EDIT: Could someone link me to the sign up thread?

15. Winston Hughes

Winston Hughes Wrathful Warlock Retired Moderator

To be clear: I had nothing to do with the poem that accused the Mayor last morning, and I find the suggestion quite odd indeed. If I wanted to make an anonymous accusation in verse, why on Erebus would I post a commment in verse right before making it?

In any case, as remake can confirm, we Shades are not able to use Secret Voices.

16. Link

Link Scarves

What are you talking about. This game started weeks ago.

17. Takhisis

Takhisis la la la la la

He's a replacement… now please remember that you can't talk at night in this game?

18. Autolycus

Autolycus Emperor

Morning will not break in less than 16 hours, and it may be a good bit more than that. I don't know when between 10 am and 5 pm est tomorrow I will have internet access.

19. Autolycus

Autolycus Emperor

Morning Day 6
    The sun rose, and so did the town at least most of it. Romanichine was released from jail, and they all went to buy a nice brunch of fresh fruit in the center of town. But it wasn't there. The fruit vendor hadn't set out his wares. Outraged, the archer and the jeweler knocked down the vendor's doors and stormed upstairs. There they found, in among the watermelons, Diamondeye's head, which had been ripped off of its neck. The body was leaned neatly up against a fake coconut tree, one of the primary pieces of decor. Further examination confirmed that
    Spoiler :
    Diamondeye, the expatriate fruit vendor, cared about National Integrity

They heard a noise and rushed to the window, to see, standing on the roof next door, Lightfang the sculptor calling out, "Lynch Lightfang!"
    Disturbed, the archer and jeweler went down to the inn for some stiff drinks, but the innkeeper wasn't there. They were right about to check his room for his corpse, when they heard him shouting and banging on the brewer's door. Apparently the brewer hadn't delivered his brews. They opened up the brewery and found the brewer's body, gushing blood beside a cask, gushing beer. They examined his corpse and found nothing to contradict the idea that
    Spoiler :
    flamingzaroc cared devotedly about National Integrity!

Everyone regathered in the square to quietly eat Diamondeye's lychees and kumquats, but certainly not his watermelons.

Night results are on their way out.
    Night falls in 45 hours
    Day orders to me
    Clarification: remake has replaced bestrfcplayer as the faded mage.​

20. landlubber

landlubber Scottish Nationalist

Hmm, a joker role, maybe? Or perhaps a mafia trying to confuse us.