NOTW XXXV: Life's A Bore (Game Thread)

Hey oh, Ravus Sol is clearly ignoring this thread! For someone who wanted to question me, I find that you hide a lot. No reply to my accusation?

I'd really like some of you to move your votes on Ravus Sol.

Kennigit seems to be desperately trying to bring up anything to not get him lynched.

Sounds good to me.

Kennigit

Ravus Sol

??????????????????????????????

lurk ---> copy romanichine?

Everything I said about night 5 is 100% accurate. A burly figure broke into my library.

I don't think we have good evidence Ravus could be a killer, quite the opposite really, since we know he specifically has another ability and one that especially wouldn't make sense for, say, a serial killer to have.

But if he wants to speak up more, here's my idea: Ravus, you specifically said you only had the single opportunity to jail somebody. I don't think any of us want to find out later that's not the case. If you confirm it, that's that - if not, if you thought you were saving another opportunity or something, I'd propose that you jail me or some other Innocent like the vigilante J-Man, in order to keep us safe from attack at night, since otherwise we collectively don't have much realistic hopes at holding off two killers if two are still out there- if we had any protectors I don't know them or maybe they were already dead.

But at least for myself, I'm simply not finding very much with item scans, so far it seems we only had three items total in the game that anyone's ever been found with. (Lightfang still has that Orb by the way, doesn't he? Maybe that was making him go crazy :hmm:)

In other words - I could see Ravus only having that ability ever, as he was sleepy and didn't participate much in the village the first few days he can't be blamed for that, and while I'd like to see him speak and clarify just a couple of things, the odds of him being a killer are pretty low. If did just get converted or something we might have to let that go because it's the killers we've really got to take down soon.

So I'm still for lynching Kennigit, he's simply not demonstrated much likelihood of Innocence. Made some cryptic remarks about "shades" and "cults" the whole time, just voted for Winston when he was at risk of lynch the other day, but can't follow any of this up with evidence. Then we've got statements like this from a few days back: (same day as all that "innocents expose themselves talk")

To be fair, majority of people can become shades. Some people *may* find it advantageous to become a shade based on info given to me.

Kennigit claims he will shade but then most of the scum would (I guess classical didn't, to be fair he was honest about that). But as with Romanichine, I'm not sure one of us who was converted loses the ability to shade - he could still be a convert (counts towards total strength of that religion or whatever) and yet shade in the end.

So I think there's an obvious answer: if Kennigit is Innocent he should spill out the beans - is he holding onto an item, an ability or something like that? Any explanations? I know as a scum he could still come up with lies but it's better than nothing - or more specifically, better than trying to accuse other random people, which does look like a desperate attempt for anyone else to be lynched instead.

And actually, if he's a cultist, at this point it might be in his own interest to try to explain more about his cult and shift the blame towards another cult, but I'm not going anywhere without explanations and better evidence against someone else.

I don't know if it's the GM screwing with our preconceptions but I don't know why a librarian has 3 strength. Please do PM me privately if you don't feel safe letting everyone know and let me know what's up. I may be able to help. The good word of a humble sculptor is always nice, is it not?

??????????????????????????????

lurk ---> copy romanichine?
He brings up a valid point, and there are already plenty of votes on you. If you want me to vote for you, then by all means...

Everything I said about night 5 is 100% accurate. A burly figure broke into my library.
How do we know that burly figure wasn't yourself? You could say that, since you have relatively high strength, you "broke in" to your library - and it would be 100% true.

It'd be silly to think a burly figure was myself. I don't get why you said "it could be you" instead of simply "you fabricated the story."

As for early day ignorance, I blame ignorance. When I shade, not much actually changes to me--I already know that.

And I literally think that if people are innocent they should go ahead and speak up. That's always my philosophy--it's completely unfun if people jsut lurk the entire game and never talk in the thread. If everyone talks, it forces the mafia to talk; innocents lurking around with no knowledge helps no one. As for "high strength" innocents, I was assuming there would be stronger innocents. I think I got attacked night 5 and survived. I invite mafia to attack me.

Beefy187 then. I am strength 3 but I think he visited me for ulterior motives. The person who visited me smashed up a bit of the library and is a big burly figure.

Unless I was a popular target that night. Night 5 wielded 1 death and I had someone break into my library. And seeing as presumably a sk or someone else attacked Takhisis the bad guy.....Morning 6 also saw the fake poem.

There be some strange a'doings that night.

That wasn't me.
Actually, i'm not sure if I even visited you.
My investigation is more of remembering how buff you are.

I think I still have important duties in the shop today and might not be around again till this evening. We need to get some things sorted out (OCC - really the reverse, it's night and I won't be back in thread till tomorrow).

Here's what I'm looking at:

Problem 1 - the lurkers: Except for Zack, others just showed up for quick bandwagon votes without much discussion. Landlubber, Nictel, and King Flevance didn't actually vote, just showing up to prove they weren't "lurkers" I guess. And actually some claims, like Nictel claiming a mason with somebody who was dead long ago, are rather interesting. I don't like this because Mafia then have nothing they'd ever have to defend in the future, mistakes in voting against an Innocent or something like that. If you all must talk in private, please do so - I guess you might even have your reasons for not talking in private to me, and that's all right if you are trying to work with other Innocents in private. But otherwise, as far as I know you all aren't really doing anything except watch us try to get things sorted out in public here.

Problem 2 - we've gotta catch the killers: There are two of them out there still, and they are the ones who really will continue to do damage really quickly as we move towards the end. I gotta agree with the reasoning of everyone else who's said so that this must be our first priority - we will have to get rid of any cultists eventually, (eg. what Romanichine has said about another conversion there too) but if they are not killing, they aren't the most dangerous quite yet.

All things considered, I'm changing my vote to: unvote Kennigit, vote Frozen in Ice

-The vote tally is strongly against Kennigit; me changing my vote alone isn't enough to counter that and I know that. I really especially don't want Ravus lynched today though and as the second candidate I worry about a bandwagon there, so please don't change votes haphazardly, what would be ideal actually is if we could get people who have not voted to take a stand. Romanichine has still given us that interesting proposal that he's willing to go up and see if he becomes a Shade, and we might have to do that sometime to get rid of the foreign "religion" but I'd leave that for today.

-As I've looked through the thread and today more, I will say this: Kennigit seems absolutely convinced he knows more about Shades and a few other things than the rest of us. He's said similar and really odd things in several past posts. Either he thinks this is plausible cover as a Mafia and has been really consistent with it, or it's true, and he'd actually be happy to become a Shade, perhaps he has some ability, I dunno. Since he's been cryptic or not forthcoming otherwise, we just have to see if he Shades - and if he doesn't, we've caught a Mafia.

So here's the point where if Kennigit has any objections to the above, last chance and maybe some others could switch to a better lynch today. But it sounds like an "Innocent Kennigit" thinks he has abilities/whatever that he's happy with as a Shade, and of course a scum Kennigit would just die.

edit: One last thing - Ravus, I was serious before if you missed it, if you have another use of the "jail" ability, though I know you said you didn't, and you could put somebody in jail and keep them safe/away, you probably should use it while you can. If it'll even protect somebody as you implied I'd actually take that or I'd be happy if another Innocent thought so too, at this point for me worth it to stay alive I'm thinking over just the loss of one nightly ability use.

Shade Kennigit it is!

Zack, I don't find it that interesting. I mean, Beefy might have investigated me that night, but I extremely doubt that he showed up to my library and received a role PM saying "Kennigit was so uber buff WITH A STRENGTH OF 3 ZOMG." That's just Beefy bandwagoning on my comment.

I DID get a PM about how my door was smashed through by a big burly figure.

I've already stated my opinion that Kennigit seems to fit the bill of being a part of the Order/Ritual of Death. Romanichine said the Order hates Shades and Kennigit seems to know a lot about shades, and he went after Winston Hughes the other day. That's not even to mention he's a 3 strength Librarian.

Frankly though, this whole "Order cover religion" is a bit confusing, I'm not sure that I'm getting all of it.

I don't know Earthling, what if Kennegit is scum AND a shade?

Well, if he decides to shade, I guess he can cause no further problems for us...

All right, fine. If he's an Innocent and is happy to Shade I'll go with that then.

See, I just wonder that if you're Innocent and know that, we'd by explicitly wasting a day here, and you haven't explained what you would do for instance. Surely it would benefit us all to help with the Shades - could you not share if you're going to have some special ability you'd use a Shade or something, other than what seems to be typical poetry/pursuing the fine arts ;)

Still not pleased with lurkers and/or faulty reasoning (like Frozen wondering if Kennigit is in the cult that he really couldn't logically be in edit - he just responded so scratch this, I'll let it go, could be my bad)

But I'll leave that for tomorrow then, and let it be unvote; Kennigit again

edit: major xpost

I'm not at all convinced a scum could or would become a Shade, though it's a nonzero chance I guess, it would be a major shift in our thinking. At any rate we appear to have no means of really communicating with Shades, that's why especially if Kennigit goes into this knowing he will become one and has some ability (kinda unlike our previous lynches there) it would be great if he could give us a lowdown.

The reason I would think he is not of the "Order" is what Romanichine said - it was Takihisis and Skooma who tried to convert others. I couldn't see Kennigit being with them from the start, and it's true we're not entirely sure if there are more Order, the chances seem low - more plausible I think would be one of the other religions from classical or Domination had more members/converts in this whole time.

Shade Kennigit it is!

Zack, I don't find it that interesting. I mean, Beefy might have investigated me that night, but I extremely doubt that he showed up to my library and received a role PM saying "Kennigit was so uber buff WITH A STRENGTH OF 3 ZOMG." That's just Beefy bandwagoning on my comment.

I DID get a PM about how my door was smashed through by a big burly figure.

Even if you don't find your fabricated story interesting, I certainly do.

Not buying that you prevented my lynch because you wanted to ask "proper" questions. Which questions? I've stated the reasons why I wanted to be lynched: I will fade and hopefully the Order religion will go away, or maybe the Order religion will prevent me from fading and I will die. Either way, I'm better off lynched than alive and helping our enemies.

I think there's a reason why you don't want me lynched. Skooma said the Ritual of Death cultists hated shades, preventing me from fading makes sense. Also, why would you waste a powerful ability like this to ask me some questions and bandwagon me the next day?

I don't know what's your angle but I don't like it.

vote: Ravus Sol

-

Here's your "reveal" post

Spoiler :
Okay - My thoughts about the cults:

There's 2 religions, Order and Faith. Skooma and Takhisis were spreading Order while Domination and another unknown is spreading the Faith. However it turns out that Order is a cover religion for the Ritual of Death, and that religion is dangerous. As for the Faith religion, I don't know if they're on our side or not.

How do I know this? Skooma converted me to the Order religion on Night 1. :eek: However it did not change my goal, which is still National Integrity. The Order religion is a fake and it they outnumber us they will win.

Skooma revealed some stuff to me because he was confused about his role and he thought I joined his team, but I did not, Autolycus was clear on that. So here's what he told me:

- The Ritual of Death is not the mafia, but they're anti-town. That means there's another enemy around, that we haven,t heard about.
- Takhisis was his partner on Day 1, I've known about this since Night 1 but I didn't know what to do with that information.
- He could convert someone every other night. Since he was lynched on Day 4, he was able to convert someone else on Night 3, but I don't know who it is.
- The Order religion hates fades.

My ability is to put herbs at night in someone's tea so that the next day he will feel sick and will not be able to vote, or use day ability. However it does not stop night abilities, which makes me kinda useless if you ask me. And now I am feeling uncomfortable with this cancer following me around, hence why I am asking stupid and want to be lynched.

People I've made sick : N1 Methos, N2 FlamingZaroc, N3 civplayah, N4 Beefy, N5 Takhisis (but he was dead when I arrived)

So now that I've revealed everything I know, I think a lynch is in order.

Frozen In Ice vote: Romanichine

No where in this "Reveal post" do you mention that you hope your religion will dissapear when you fade. In fact you don't mention fading or dieing at all, leaving it vauge as to wether you would do one or the other.

Also this post says you have mixed loyalties but that technically you are not on your converted side. So why do you need to be lynched? Why can you just not help out the national integirty side while the town keeps an eye on you?

See this is what i mean by not clear. Please reveal what the hell you mean properly. I don't want you shaded and suddenly able to kill as said shade.

-

Now with work i've apparantly fallan behind so i need to re-read the thread.

-

Okay i'm under suspcioun for dissapearing, understandable.

Yes like Romanichine says it would be suspicous to use a one of powerful ability like that... good job i can use it more then once. :)

Earthling i can lock you up but jailing stops everything. The jailed gets protected from lynches, night attacks but it also stops the jailed from using their own abilities. I can lock you up if you want but that means you can't go and check more peoples stuff... Should i do that? I was just going to reveal i could use it again and lock up someone random like lightfang to see if the deaths cut down from two a night.

Ah you okay that in your last post. So lets see how quickly i get killed now that i'm a threat. Anyone know what happened to that Cutlass?

Vote: Kennigit

Earthling i can lock you up but jailing stops everything. The jailed gets protected from lynches, night attacks but it also stops the jailed from using their own abilities. I can lock you up if you want but that means you can't go and check more peoples stuff... Should i do that? I was just going to reveal i could use it again and lock up someone random like lightfang to see if the deaths cut down from two a night.

Ah you okay that in your last post. So lets see how quickly i get killed now that i'm a threat. Anyone know what happened to that Cutlass?

So you could use this ability again, to be clear? I mean only you know exactly what's up.

But the answer is yes, that is what I am proposing. Or if somebody else wanted this as well, I'd prefer it over locking up a random person without their consent though. Plus the jail ability is very valuable for absolutely verifying someone hasn't gone out killing, for instance, and you've revealed it so might as well use it. But I simply have not gotten much successful out of my ability - it's actually cool that it turned out a bit of a "mix" between items and abilities apparently, like Romanichine says he doesn't actually have a "Herb Item" but it was his ability.

But I haven't been able to catch a Mafia and don't have a better solution for tonight, so I'd be willing to go for that - I'm worried about being killed for talking so much ;).

one last thing/if this became a xpost edit sorry: As for items - I think a while back Flevance got the Cutlass and LightFang had the "Orb" (which I again guessed might be related to his bouts of insanity? Did anyone hear this as a consideration). I really don't know of any other actual items except Zack now apparently has Makeup.

Well, as far as shading goes, if you shade certain people they will gain the ability to kill during the night. However, whoever's goal it is must be a lurker, as I would have anticipated people trying to get shaded.

Even just looking at the ffh wiki on sidar, you can see that the heroes/leader of the sidar are in fact shades. Shading gains abilities for some.

Top Bottom