NOTW XXXV: Life's A Bore (Game Thread)

Evening Day 7
It was decided. The librarian had to fade. Librarian's were supposed to be quiet, wispy things, like shades. They gathered at the library, and at closing time, they all watched as the librarian, faded, becoming grayer and less noticeable
Spoiler :
Votes
Kennigit-6 Ravus_Sol, J-man, Earthling, link16, Seon, Frozen in Ice
Ravus_Sol-2 Romanichine, Zack
Beefy187-1 kennigit
Lightfang-1 Beefy187

And that was that. Ravus_Sol took the tailor off for a night in the jail, since he'd asked so nicely, and everyone else went home.

Morning breaks in 23.5 hours
Night Orders to me.​

Morning Day 8
The sun rose, and everyone gathered in the inn to a grotesque sight. Someone had attempted to do a painting of what was either a seascape, a jungle, or a potted plant on one of the tables with the caption "Shades, start with the jailor." After staring at this madness for a while in shock and horror, the sculptor turned to a corner to puke and found the innkeeper was lying naked and dead on his face with his skull smashed in. Investigation showed that
Spoiler :
The innkeeper was doing his part for national Integrity!

Night falls in 47.5 Hours
Day Orders to me.​

Okay, Ravus_Sol cleared up why he thought it was a good idea to jail me. It's true that I was not clear on certain things, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

@link: How was your tea this morining? :D

Also, I am still willing to be lynched and (possibly) fade, if we don't have a good suspect.

vote: Romanichine

vote first and then some talk: Nictel

I appreciate Romanichine's offer, but logic dictates we simply cannot pursue that right now unless all other options are exhausted. Yes, it would be great to wipe out/prove the "Order/Ritual has been eliminated" and even more interesting to see if he does indeed shade. But there's this serial killer or someone out there killing about every night - another one of these head ripping/bashing kills it looks like. Can't figure out the pattern otherwise and who's been killing every other few nights or something. For the record Roman has consistently claimed the Ritual of Death weren't killing, only doing other stuff and I'm not sure I still entirely believe that (we never learned Takhisis' ability for instance?) but there is some other killer as for example that killer killed Takhisis.

But then, for today, I definitely would be sure Romanichine cannot be a direct killer. We have proof of that, his actual ability and him being safely locked up and unable to kill at least the one time. Even if he's really been trying to mislead us and his cult is alive and kicking stronger than we thought, and he wants himself lynched for unknown reasons - well even then it's better not to lynch him now, to find the killer. I appreciate what he's done for our village so far though and if things come down to it another day we might pursue that, but not yet.

So questions for Nictel, besides the general "where have you been" type of thing: He claimed to be masons with somebody who died at the very start, it's always possible, but we don't have any proof and could be a convenient excuse. Anyway I am certainly happy to move onto another lurker but at this point the show is up for a killer trying to hide like that.

Does anyone fully understand this shades vs. religion issue? I can't make heads or tails of it myself after going through the thread about 3 times now. There is alot of stuff (theories) in here that contradict. Which makes me understand it less.

I am going to wait till later to post my vote once a few more people speak up. I was planning on doing the same yesterday but forgot. In all honesty I probably would have voted for Ravus. But now, I don't know. I would like to see what everyone else is thinking.

Roman, your offer is appreciated but our numbers are dwindling. I think we are better off not getting rid of any more innocents voluntarily at this stage and trying to figure out who the mafia is and get them lynched.

Shades are not removed from the game. I believe lynching me would turn me into a shade and I would still be able to contribute, albeit perhaps not be able to speak in the thread. Whatever the shades are doing, they must be able to help the town somehow. Most of the shades must be on our side, we're Sidar after all.

What I want to know is what reason other than maybe having no leads did the shades not speak last night.

I agree, Nictel is behaving suspiciously. He's lurking and that's unlike him. I will give him the chance to defend himself, though.

Huh... So only 1 killing last night... and i'm reaaaaaaaaally loving the scary message on the wall murderers. Nice way to make me nervous whats the matter couldn't come kill me yourself! (i figure i have another day at most untill death so...) Any idea on what the message could mean... Why does it mention the shades and why does it say "start" do we think the shades ARE on our side and are organising in our defence... it's probably just a red herring...

What do people make of the singuler killing..? We've had two killings the previous night and the only thing that had changed last night was Earthling being locked up and an extra shade. (And i really don't want to contemplate Earthling being evil as he's currently one of our most vocal town members)

Romanichine seeing as extra shades arn't resulting in more killing and you did explain your reasoning later i guess i could agree with you becoming one, but we still have some lurkers hiding in the shadows which are more important at the moment. Although... we've not seen a shade killed yet, do we think the shades are actually protected from the violent deaths?

Can the shades talk every night lightfang? I wasn't clear on that... and speaking of which... did you ever figure out what that orb did? You've had it for awhile now and not said or done anything.

-

Theres only 12 of us left as ALIVE! There shouldn't be anyone lurking anymore.

Elevensies, Day 8 (Since the update's a little early)
Almost everyone seemed to still be in shock about the bad artwork, or possibly the lack of an innkeeper. Or maybe it was the fact that only one person died? Regardless, few were moving about the town.
Spoiler :
Votes:
Romanichine:1, Romanichine
Nictel:1, Earthling

The lack of votes in the recent days is appalling. This is not how we will find links between players, if there are links to be found. In the last 3 days, the votes made are:

3 votes
Earthling
Ravus_Sol
Romanichine

2 votes
link16 (he has not voted today, but he's sick)
Seon

1 vote
Frozen in Ice
J-man
Lightfang
Zack

0 vote
King Flevance
landlubber
Nictel

Whoever is a townie and marked in red is clearly not working hard enough. What are you waiting for to cast a vote? Don't wait until you have a certainty about someone, or you might wait a long time. Lynching a townie is better if everyone is voting than if most of us are not because we at least gain additional information for the next phase.

If you don't like my proposal (to lynch me) then at least vote against inactivity. Nictel, landlubber and King Flevance are all good lynches. What good are they if they don't participate?

Romanichine vote: King Flevance

I see you post, trying to appear active, but you're not voting so all I'm reading is "blah blah blah [I am anti-town]"

Right, I'm still for the pressure on the lurkers if that's the way to get them to actually do something.

About the kills - part of this is confused because we've kinda lost track of time, for instance today is Day 8 (should say that at both updates). But here's what we have at night, an interesting pattern:

Night 1
Blacksmith- Ravus_Sol- murdered night 1, innocent

Night 2
Butcher-Methos- beheaded night 2, innocent
+ Horse Trader- Catharsis- killed night 2, innocent

Night 3
Medic-Renata- slain night 3, Innocent

Night 4
Secretary-Choxorn- bludgeoned night 4, Innocent
* Tax Collector-civplayah- gutted night 4, Innocent

Night 5
$ Bookie- Takhisis-throat crushed night 5, Ritual of Death!

Night 6
Fruit Vender-Diamondeye- head ripped night 6, innocent
Brewer-FlamingZaroc121- stabbed night 6, innocent

Night 7
Innkeeper -Beefy187 - skull-smashed night 7 (edit: Autolycus did list this, maybe I missed it at first) Innocent

My personal theory on this, which could not be right, but:
-Serial Killer/straight up Mafia: killing every night. Has never been roleblocked or protected against or something that I know of so it seems a lurker who everybody else has left entirely alone could just be sending in night orders. Couldn't entirely rule out the possibility this guy has allies which would be very bad.

-Cult-related or maybe Shade killing: every other night, that would mean the even nights, and responsible for weirder/unusual deaths.

Things to note:
-Romanichine has said many times he didn't think the Ritual of Death had any kills, at all. If this is false, there is some unknown member out there, or Romanichine has just been playing us, I could see them contributing to some of those. edit: but again, to be clear, we pretty much know Romanichine himself could not be responsible even if he is guiltier than we'd hope, we have pretty solid proof he himself is not the killer, it would be another ally, or say Takhisis who died killed some on the early nights or something.

*civplayah was killed in a weird way, which people pointed out at the time; Autolycus maybe implied it was just flavor but I don't know. The consistent number of head-smashings and cuttings for instance points to this one serial killer as being the same guy each time, this could be a clue to something.

+Catharsis tried to defend himself and maybe almost succeeded. I have no clue what his strength was and if this knowledge is not lost forever - however if he was a high strength Innocent maybe he was almost there and could have fought off the cultists/who went after that night.

$Takhisis was clearly killed by some other Mafia faction, I would imagine it's the same killer again though. Don't know if this was targeted and they knew something about Takhisis or not.

& About Shades killing - obviously I cannot think the Shades would be killing every day, especially not killing Innocents as I couldn't see their reasons behind that. Maybe a kill like flamingzaroc, I don't know the reasons behind it, but if any Shades are killing they haven't been doing very well for the Innocent cause. Them actually being responsible for every other night is stretching it too perhaps, though there are different Shades now as well. There's very little we can do about shades right now though as I can't see lynching a Shade does much but waste time and they can't defend themselves or explain anything better.

Still have the dilemna that I'd love to verify/be sure the Order cult and other cults have been wiped out, which would mean finally settling the Romanichine issue, but we still have to try to catch the killer first while we have time.

For that matter, about abilities and the like - Ravus' jail ability is obviously very useful, and I would encourage taking some lurker we don't lynch like Frozen I guess and locking him up today. But other than that, I have not heard of anyone with a protection, roleblock, or similar ability. There's little evidence anything like that has actually blocked any nightkills - we haven't had a single "so-so was attacked but protected" and no one has ever told me anything like that happened in private. I'm really worried somebody who died early or was inactive like bestrfc could've had these power roles, but if anyone still alive does you've got to be active and try to coordinate and stop more killings, even a single missed order is very painful. If a lurker is a power-role and doesn't want to reveal publicly don't, but you still have to speak up.

Alright, I will cast a random vote if it makes you feel better. However, haphazard voting has seemed to get most of our town dead. Which is why I have held back lately. But I guess since not many are talking haphazard voting may be what we have left. Lightfang has sat unwell by me since day 4. I have no evidence to provide anyone other than say I have just had a feeling about Lightfang's posts since day 4. As for the Lightfang shouting to lynch lightfang and denying it (Day 7) I don't know what to make of it. Either a really placed ruse to throw anyone like myself off or someone trying to set him up as a red herring like Ravus suggested.

Lightfang
I guess take that for what it is worth. (not much) If anything better arises I will change my vote.

Random voting at this point does not make me feel better, sorry. I think there's enough information around to place a vote based on something rather than pure luck. And the lynch votes so far have not been so bad.

Day 1: Renata (now Winston) fades.
Day 2: Domination3000 (Spread the faith) is lynched.
Day 3: Classical Hero (Spread the faith) is lynched.
Day 4: Skooma Addict (Ritual of Death) is lynched.
Day 5: bestrfcplayer (now Remake) fades,
Day 6: No lynch. Romanichine is jailed by Ravus_Sol.
Day 7: Kennigit fades.

3 cultists and 3 shades isn't such a bad record. Notice that only the cultists did not fade, which leads me to believe some (most? all?) of the good guys will fade and the bad guys will be lynched.

Thanks for voting.... I don't like your reason (random vote) but it's better than nothing I suppose.

King Flevance vote: landlubber

Next.

Vote: King Flevance Because he lurks rather than not paying any attention to the game, like myself. Sorry but there is little reason for me being here other than increasing innocent numbers. It's a bummer when you lose both people you need on day 2.

In any case his posts have been very elaborate and thought out. But he says little, it's a lot of maybe's and perhapses. He is weighing his words a little to careful. He is trying too hard to look innocent.

Top Bottom