Nova Luna: Inverted terraformed moon (84x52)

Tr0x

Chieftain
Ever look up in the sky and wonder what it would be like if we had a habitable moon? Those dark patches almost look like continents, don't they? Too bad they're giant basins and valleys!

I decided to "invert" the moon's surface, so that light patches are ocean and dark patches are land. The rest was left to my imagination.

The resulting map is a varied mixture of giant continents, island chains, strategic peninsulas, and all-around interesting looking terrain. The starting positions of each civ are fixed.

Requires BtS and Warlords to play

I love maps that require both a strong navy and army for control, and this one fits the bill. I originally created it for Civ III, but it was lost on an old hard drive, so I created it again for Civ IV (the best one IMO).

Spoiler :

I've tested it through a few times, and this is the general "difficulty" for each civ, which obviously varies based on your selected difficulty level and playing style.

Spoiler :

• France, Easy
  • Germany, Easy
  • Byzantines, Easy
  • Persia, Easy
  • Japan, Easy
  • Greece, Easy
  • Arabia, Medium
  • Carthage, Medium
  • Russia, Medium
  • Celts, Medium
  • Vikings, Medium
  • Babylon, Medium
  • Spain, Medium
  • American Natives, Medium
  • Mongolia, Hard
  • Aztec, Hard
  • India, Hard

I've had a lot of fun creating it, and played some of my most memorable games. War spreads across each of the two major continents by mid-game, and the victors duke it out in a world war during the late-game. I've also witnessed some civs winning by quietly accumulating culture and techs!

Attachments

• Nova Luna.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    382.4 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
Top Bottom