1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Nova Luna: Inverted terraformed moon (84x52)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Pre-made Maps' started by Tr0x, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Tr0x

Tr0x Chieftain

Ever look up in the sky and wonder what it would be like if we had a habitable moon? Those dark patches almost look like continents, don't they? Too bad they're giant basins and valleys!

I decided to "invert" the moon's surface, so that light patches are ocean and dark patches are land. The rest was left to my imagination.

The resulting map is a varied mixture of giant continents, island chains, strategic peninsulas, and all-around interesting looking terrain. The starting positions of each civ are fixed.

Requires BtS and Warlords to play

I love maps that require both a strong navy and army for control, and this one fits the bill. I originally created it for Civ III, but it was lost on an old hard drive, so I created it again for Civ IV (the best one IMO).

Spoiler :

I've tested it through a few times, and this is the general "difficulty" for each civ, which obviously varies based on your selected difficulty level and playing style.

Spoiler :

• France, Easy
    • Germany, Easy
    • Byzantines, Easy
    • Persia, Easy
    • Japan, Easy
    • Greece, Easy
    • Arabia, Medium
    • Carthage, Medium
    • Russia, Medium
    • Celts, Medium
    • Vikings, Medium
    • Babylon, Medium
    • Spain, Medium
    • American Natives, Medium
    • Mongolia, Hard
    • Aztec, Hard
    • India, Hard

I've had a lot of fun creating it, and played some of my most memorable games. War spreads across each of the two major continents by mid-game, and the victors duke it out in a world war during the late-game. I've also witnessed some civs winning by quietly accumulating culture and techs!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019