1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Novator's LH gallery

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by Novator, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Come on Novator! Just go back to making leaderheads man, I'm a much different person outside of this website than I am here too, but I don't bring it upon these people because they didn't sign up for that. This is a site about Civilization, a computer game, let's keep it that way.

2. SargontheGreat2

SargontheGreat2 Modder

Wo! That's uncalled for!

3. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

This is good advice. Hopefully Novator agrees...

4. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Don't take this as an insult, Novator
    He is just desperate
    We all want you to continue

5. Novator

Novator Doomed to finish everything from that cursed list.

Me too... I just mustn't.

6. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

Ah c'mon... your LH's are great and you made great a contribution to the forums with them all... would be a shame to ruin that now, right? ;)

7. Novator

If somebody remakes them, he will be great too, isn't it?

8. raen

raen Coat of Arms

He probably loss is work or tools, or part of it, and that is tremendous loss for an artist.

@Novator: I hope all is well with you and at home. I hope that the 'mafia' is not threatening you.

9. veBear

...c'mon, everybody knows that those who have just remade other people's LHs here with minimal changes and credited them as their own haven't exactly become wery popular by doing so... point is, if someone remakes your LHs and don't do a good job or simply make minor changes and take most of the credit themselves, then they won't be recogniced as great, which is kind of why some of the old LH makers and old timey CivIV CivFanatics members had a slight rage against some of the newer LH makers not that a while ago (not pointing any fingers)... thing is, you'r LHs are good, and they don't need to be remaked cause they serve their purpose perfectly already, so stop acting and realise that you were one of the great ones, and we'd really like to help you keep it that way ;)

10. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Yes, you certainly were/are. I don't like to toot my own horn, but I think that coming from me that is a great compliment.

11. Sword_Of_Geddon

Novator why don't we roll back the clock. Repost all your stuff and lets forget this entire episode happened. Sound good? :(

12. Novator

Couse I am bot and I'm OK with it... :3
    Don't flatter please. I am an ordinary lh maker. You already stopped your lh making. Why? Why I have to make something? There are 2-3 lh makers at this forum. Is that all? Silver age is over, guys. It's time to relax and watch...

13. Sword_Of_Geddon

Could have at least keep your work up for people to use if you wanted to stop thats fine but Idk what your trying to accomplish Novator.

Anyways...anyone have Novator's leaderheads, theres a couple I really needed.

14. Nitram15

Nitram15 Pro Libertate!

No, you aren't a bot. You're either a troll who is now 'having fun', or you are a proper idiot. Maybe both. Can't tell which one is worse... :rolleyes:

15. veBear

Lazyness... I still left mine up though

You don't have to, but deleting the work you have already uploaded is kind of mean to us on the forums...

Absinthe got them all (he kind of new this was coming, so he backed them all up... all the ones he released at least)

16. Triver

Triver Prince

It's better not to upload lhs for users who don't have civilization. And It's good, that he understands it after that week. We all must keep the law.

17. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

What the heck are you talking about??

18. Triver

Triver Prince

Some files, like animation, textures and other are original, because most of lh-makers can't change them. If the files are original, why are they available even for unregistered users? Also there are some original texture files like env, eyeshadow etc. Firaxis are owners of these unchanged original animation and textures.
    SOME TEXT FROM LICENSE AGREEMENT
    AND THIS

Oh, I forget to notice, that you need written confirmation to upload these files, not just inaction of Firaxis.

19. Nitram15

Nitram15 Pro Libertate!

Yeah, typical. :rolleyes: Let's say then: you ARE right, this whole thing is illegal. But you forget a serious matter.

Imagine someone with Mozart's talents who hears a song in the radio. He goes home, and plays the song down on his instrument (for instance, on a piano). He shows his play to others and everyone is fascinated, so he uploads it to YouTube. According to the United States laws about copyright, this act is illegal, since he hadn't bought the rights of the song he played. The rights of a song is usually the property of the musical composer and/or the distributor of the song. But even after months, and years, or decades, nobody even cares about the matter. You know why? Because the property owner (the composer) has no interest at all in suing someone who made his song even more popular, who put it further and made the song even more famous.

Almost the same applies here: why the heck would Firaxis sue its greatest fansite for using the official graphics to make the franchise better for all? Especially if the game was DESIGNED to be modded, the developers had the intention to make it easy to edit. Of course, if Firaxis was so dumb to sue us (and if any judge would be so dumb to take this whole thing seriously), they'd definitely win, but it would be an utterly stupid act to do.

20. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

I'm sorry but you are wrong and that is not what it means. All that means is, if Novator (or anybody else for that matter) created a leaderhead and tried to sell it Firaxis could sue them for the money because it is their property. Thus, anything created by us for Civilization is Firaxis' property. You are incorrectly interpreting this.

If anything it is saying that Novator has no personal ownership of what he made, it is Firaxis that does.

EDIT: Go ahead and shoot them an e-mail, they will tell you the exact same thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.