[NFP] November Update Video

bite

Unofficial Civilization Cartographer
Super Moderator

Awesome! If my eyes don’t deceive me it looks like we’re getting Rumi (medieval Writer), Margaret Mead (atomic Scientist) and Ibn Khaldun as new great people, and they confirmed we’re getting more representation from the underrepresented regions of the world in that regard.

EDIT: based on civilopedia placement, Ibn Khaldun is definitely a scientist. Presumably, from either the medieval or renaissance eras.

Last edited:
i wonder how they trained the AI to take care of their hero , otherwise this will be only interesting for multiplayer. still i like the idea will definitely go for all the heroes at least once

Notice how the slinger kill actually gave the Archery tech to Babylon (they were researching Pottery). Maybe Babylon's ability is that their Eureka's can trigger twice?

Heroes seem like a fun addition! I wonder if their combat strength scales at all as the era goes on

Heroes looks really good, I’m impressed with the new art and the variety of heroes included.

Looking forward to the Babylon first look and soundtrack reveals!

Notice how the slinger kill actually gave the Archery tech to Babylon (they were researching Pottery). Maybe Babylon's ability is that their Eureka's can trigger twice?

Eh, they might've pre-researched Archery to a certain point, and then used the Eureka to finish it, I do that all the time. Not saying you're definitely wrong, but we'll have to wait and see the First Look.

Babylon UU, Ancient era of course, and it's not a Warrior, Slinger, Archer or Spearman:
UUBab.png

Looks like were getting Anshan as possibly the Babylon CS replacement.

Heroes looks pretty fun tho, and if Babylon's ability is triggering eurekas twice, that could be super powerful.

I was thinking that too buuut that's not necessarily true. He could've just been researching Archery to 60% and then switching to something else whilst waiting for the boost. That's pretty normal to do after all. But if that is actually the case it'd be an incredibly strong ability

I'm not sure we needed another science civ, especially when Sumeria is already there and does science well. I would have preferred to see the return of Assyria, but that, too, would go into a well-developed playstyle: domination. Perhaps we need more diplomacy civs or an additional faith civ. Alternatively, they could have made Assyria into a unique domination-diplomacy hybrid, that would feel historically accurate but also have its own playstyle.

Still, Babylon could work, and a new civ is a new civ.

Top Bottom