Novice needs some help

Bearcat44

Chieftain
Playing on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and HP desktop model p6710f.
Not sure what version of the game I am running. If you tell me how to find out, I will post that info.

I'd like to fix/change something about the game. The game shows a tiny glimpse of something happening between other players in the game, then moves the Point of View so quickly that it is pretty much impossible to find that location on the map again to get a better idea of what just happened. Same thing with my own moves. The Point of View shows a tiny too-quick glimpse of something important, then YANKS the POV away to another place, making it intensely and immensely frustrating to find out WHERE something just happened.

I want a setting that will keep the POV in one place UNTIL I TELL IT TO MOVE TO THE NEXT EVENT>

The current system is excruciatingly frustrating. I want to play Alpha Centauri, not Three Card Monte.

I'm not sure that it's possible to do what you want. You can try going into the MENU, then GAME. Look at the options under Preferences, Warning Preferences, etc. You'll find several options to do this quickly and that quickly. Make sure these options are not selected. There are a few other similar options.

You're obviously running Alien Crossfire. Press Ctrl-F4 to display the version number. If it's not 2.0, you need to install a patch. If so, please post again and I'll walk you how to do so.

Top Bottom