1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Novice question: can the same ritual / world project only be completed once?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Cerberus™, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Cerberus™

Cerberus™ Chieftain

I am completely new and loving FfH II. It is magnificent. I am the Grigori and I just saw "Pact of the Nilhorn" pop up. It is called a World Project.

- Is that the same as a Ritual? Or are only some Rituals World Projects?

- It says "World Project: 1 left". Does that mean that only one can be created in the world? Does that apply to all rituals / world projects?

2. arcticnightwolf

arcticnightwolf Emperor

"World Project: 1 left" means that this one particular project can be built only once per game ( like Pact of the Nilhorn or Blood of the Phoenix )
    Then there are rituals/projects that can be built multiple times, like Hallowing of the Elohim (can be built only by Elohim) and the Sheaim's counterpart

3. Cerberus™

Cerberus™ Chieftain

Ah, thank you! I wasn't sure whether "1 left" meant 1 left for me (like National Epic) or 1 for the world. Now it is all clear!

4. BvBPL

BvBPL Pour Decision Maker

National projects, which include the Brewing House, National Epic, Heroic Epic, the Bazaar of Mammon, the magic towers, the Shrine of the Champion, and the Altar, can each exist only once per civ, however each civ can have their own copy. If you have already built, say, a Heroic Epic and subsequently conquer another civ’s Heroic Epic city then the conquered epic will disappear.

5. CyberForte

CyberForte Chieftain

No, those are national wonders, not national projects. As far as I'm aware, there are no national projects (rituals). As far as I know, none of the rituals are national; they're either world or repeatable. An example of a repeatable ritual is the elegy of the sheaim, whilst Genesis, the Illian Rituals, and the Pact (though it becomes a Wold Wonder in RifE, not sure about the other modmods) are World Projects. In RifE there is a "team project," the Light of Lugus, which can only be completed x number of instances per team, but I'm fairly certain there aren't any of these in base FfH2.

6. Aline

Aline Cat

I would use the term "National Ritual" for the Ilian, Sheaim and Elohim rituals.

7. CyberForte

CyberForte Chieftain

It wouldn't really be consistent with the use of that term--those can be completed any number of times, but only by their civ, so they would be more "Unique Ritual for xx." National Ritual would imply that it could be completed by any civ, but only a certain number of times--ie, National Wonders (Towers, Alter, Epics, etc) or National Units (High Priests, Archmagi, etc).

8. Tielby

Tielby Prince

I hope somebody more knowledgeable can add something here, but one (perhaps the only) distinction between a ritual and a project or wonder is that the Celestial Compass only reduces the cost of rituals.

9. CyberForte

CyberForte Chieftain

"Project" is just the base Civ IV class of item that rituals are. Basically, in terns of FfH, they mean exactly the same thing.

10. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

You know, it is possible for buildings, projects, and units to have both world and national limits (and also team limits in the case of units). I'm not sure I've ever seen that be the case though except in modmods I made myself.

11. Cerberus™

Cerberus™ Chieftain

Ah Okay, that is even clearer: any ritual is either infinitely repeatable, or only one may per game may be built. And project and ritual are the same thing, for all practical purposes.