1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Now how do I kill that?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by nNemethon, Nov 12, 2008.

1. nNemethon

nNemethon Chieftain

Hey all,
    Just had a huge laugh in my current game only to realise something a few seconds later - how do I go about killing that wonderful enemy floatie in the middle of the desert? o.O

Just rolled through this island, got the troops in position, declared war on an old friend and the game obviously pushed all enemy out of my borders... without regard to where a logical choice was! :D Seeing I'm playing a 'kill all units' game to wipeout the enemy, I'm now stuck as to how to finish him off. Any ideas? lol

Cheers, nNem.

Attached Files:

2. nadeem

nadeem Chieftain

nuke him i guess

or i guess you could just build a canal and do it the conventional non nuclear way

3. JujuLautre

JujuLautre Deity

otherwise, build a fort on the west tile, and one on the forest once again on the west; he should be able to escape in the sea, or you should be able to come inside and get him.

4. ParadigmShifter

ParadigmShifter Random Nonsense Generator

If you aren't at war, close borders and build a city next to the lake, he will get bumped into the ocean then.

5. nNemethon

nNemethon Chieftain

Ahhh good suggestions. I like the nuke thought but will be a while b4 I have them so will have to go the second most violent way and build forts with a posse waiting. :D I forgot all about forts.

Cheers. :)

6. DanF5771

DanF5771 Emperor

Cruise Missiles?

7. eaglet123

eaglet123 Chieftain

To set a city beside, and then battleship~

8. nbcman

nbcman King

Can a ship use a fort that is not in the player's cultural boundaries? You may have to go in and get him if the AI's ships cant use the fort.

9. Joshua368

Joshua368 Warmongering builder

You can't use forts as canals in neutral territory either... you'll need some border expansion first.

10. brainshannon

brainshannon Chieftain

Hit him with air strikes, then finish him with cruise missiles.

11. GooglyBoogly

GooglyBoogly Freakamongus

If you take all of his cities wont the maintainence eventaully force him to disband?

12. MkLh

MkLh King

Probably not, AI plays on Noble and has several free units..

13. nNemethon

nNemethon Chieftain

Googly: When you play a total wipeout game, you can take all the enemy cities, but all the units will remain until they are killed off. I've played a few like this and left close to 2 dozen enemy units roam around on thier island for the remainder of the game. and none were disbanded/destroyed.

DanF: I wasn't aware that cruise missile can actually kill off units - I just thought they could only damage, much like a seige unit. Might be something I need to look into.

In the end, I built a canal system and rolled in a Battleship - poor enemy all dead. :D

Cheers, nNem

14. Emiliano

Emiliano Chieftain

You can found a city next to the lake, and then build (with universal suffrage) or whip (with slavery) your most powerfull ship...

15. nNemethon

nNemethon Chieftain

Initially thought of doing that also when the suggestions came rolling in, but seeing I just the one enemy left to conquer, and a ton of workers loafing about I found it easier to go the canal route. Suggestion logged for the next time something like this happens. :)

16. J-man

J-man Deity

This is why I never use the option 'require complete kills'.

17. Infantry#14

Infantry#14 Emperor

2-3 nukes should do the job

18. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

Exactly why the nuke system is completely flawed in this game.

19. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

DanF definitely listed the easiest way if you have the techs. Guided missiles will take care of that NP, if for some reason you care that it's there.

Edit: saw it's "require complete kills". Guided missiles it is then

Although IIRC I won conquest by accident by capturing all AI cities with the setting on...hmm.