Now, I usually play Marathon...

lindsay40k

Emperor
I like each era to last, see. A couple of wars in each one. Armies not arriving at battle to find the enemy's upgraded their gear whilst you were marching. Forcing myself to plan for invading enemies, rather than build one Archer and buy another at the click of my fingers.

I have a go at a Standard speed game. It always feels like I'm the Flash, you know? Unit in two turns. Building in four. Wonder in seven. Oh, I've won.

Get Citizenship & Pyramids. Move a Worker to build me a Plantation in a Jungle.

Shout out loud, 'HOW ___ LONG?!?'

The improvement times are one of the big reasons I play on quick even in SP. ~20 turn improve times are ridiculously annoying to me

Wew, lass, marathon? So how long does a game take you in real life? Even on standard speed I really struggle to finish a game in a weekend, and if a game goes on more than a week I lose interest in it.

Usually a weekend? I play left or full Honor and usually eat everything with archery :)

Ah, I see. I used to play epic in Civ4 when I was younger, then life got in the way. Civ5's turns drag too much, though. I'd be scared to start an epic game, let alone marathon!

Top Bottom