Now Ukraine Wants a Missile Shield...

solidified? the baltic states were already bent over for the US, nothing has changed there. yeah Ukraine's ruling party is even less fond of russia, but thats irrelevant, nothing of any practical difference has happened across Europe apart form Georgia being spanked. so Timoshenko hates Putin even more now. What difference does it make>? Was she ever going to like him anyway? Is she even going to be PM in a few years? No. dont get the idea Ukraine is a permanent ally to the US, because it is unstable and divided, and has potential seccesionist problems of its own, it would be next to useless as a US ally at the moment. Its not going to be in NATO anytime soon, it need to have at least workable relations with Russia and wont do anything to really antagonise Russia other than . .. .. .. .. . about it and then resume normal economic relations.

frankly, being a US ally who likes to provoke russia hasnt looked so unapealling in donkeys years. this is rhetoric, nothing more.

Once again i agree with you in this thread . :)

frankly, being a US ally who likes to provoke russia hasnt looked so unapealling in donkeys years. this is rhetoric, nothing more.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend". Granted we aren't enemies yet, but given Ukraine's history of chafing under Russian rule, I don't think they're likely to enjoy a resurgence of Russian dominance.

The only sane path for Ukraine is to eventually join Russia.

Yes, because having disgruntled minorities part of your country has worked out so well for Russia (hint: Chechnya) or any other country right?

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend". Granted we aren't enemies yet, but given Ukraine's history of chafing under Russian rule, I don't think they're likely to enjoy a resurgence of Russian dominance.

enjoy? absolutely not. Put up with? they will have no choice. dont forget the EU is a factor in this too. publicly the French German UK ministers are saying Georgia is in the right, but privately they will be saying its a damn good thing Georgia wasnt ALREADY in NATO when they started this war. Saakashvilli has made Georgia look like a liability, NATO will lend moral support and nothing else, for the time being.

enjoy? absolutely not. Put up with? they will have no choice. dont forget the EU is a factor in this too. publicly the French German UK ministers are saying Georgia is in the right, but privately they will be saying its a damn good thing Georgia wasnt ALREADY in NATO when they started this war. Saakashvilli has made Georgia look like a liability, NATO will lend moral support and nothing else, for the time being.

They have a choice, and they're exercising it by asking for the missile shield. If Georgia were already in NATO, Russia's response would have been quite different. Even given how belligerent it's actions may be, neither Russia or NATO are in a position for a war.

There wouldn't have been Russian peacekeepers there at all if Georgia was in Nato.

The border dispute isn't with Russia, unless you are admitting this was a blatant land grab with Russia.

And Greece and Turkey would seem to invalidate that idea anyway.

ok sorry:blush: but it sounded alot like EndWar because of missile shields and since you said Russian expansion it sounds alot like whats going on in Georgia but thats off subject.

The border dispute isn't with Russia, unless you are admitting this was a blatant land grab with Russia.

And Greece and Turkey would seem to invalidate that idea anyway.

No, it wouldnt, as they both joined similtaneously and so were never in border disputes with non NATO members.

No, it wouldnt, as they both joined similtaneously and so were never in border disputes with non NATO members.

Whats the dispute? I thought every nation recognized those two regions are Georgia's land, even Russia (used to anyways).

Whats the dispute? I thought every nation recognized those two regions are Georgia's land, even Russia (used to anyways).

Well I think its a given that S.Osettia has no future in Georgia, or Abkhazia for that matter.

Top Bottom