Nubia Deity Domination "Challenge"

MIS

Prince
My goal is to challenge myself to improve my Deity Domination play. It is not GOTM. It is a randomly generated map. I will not be checking game files for honesty, HOF rules etc. I just want a yardstick to challenge myself against, how strategies work etc. I restarted until I got what looks like a good start, but I don't know what the rest of the map looks like. I made the "Advanced Options" as favorable as possible within HOF rules (as I understand them):

Old world/Hot/Arid/High Sea/Pangea. Standard Start/ Ancient Age.

I don't think there is a need for spoilers. I hope people won't cheat - people can use firestarter if they really wanted to.

AIs:
Peter
Catherine
Victoria
Japan
Philip
2 others

It's not GOTM - it's not competitive - I'm happy for people to replay and try different strategies. I think I'm going Builder -----> Monument. My goal (for now) is to win inside 100 turns.

Attachments

• AMANITORE 1 4000 BC4.Civ6Save
    404.2 KB · Views: 69
I love Nubia so I will try... :) But within 100 turns using a non-horse UU civ (Alex or Tomyris with 2 horse tile start or Gil) is probably impossible for me unless I have extremely good luck.
For now if I can win by 150 I will consider it a good game.

I love Nubia so I will try... :) But within 100 turns using a non-horse UU civ (Alex or Tomyris with 2 horse tile start or Gil) is probably impossible for me unless I have extremely good luck.
For now if I can win by 150 I will consider it a good game.

What civ/ map settings (assuming standard # AIs, city states, standard resources) would be quickest for a domination victory?

Thanks,
MIS

What civ/ map settings (assuming standard # AIs, city states, standard resources) would be quickest for a domination victory?

Thanks,
MIS
For me Pangaea with Macedon perhaps?(strong horsemen to knights rush and very good chance of getting the first GG) But it depends on how the AI civs are located. I find the biggest bottleneck for me is getting units to the AI lands rather than fighting the AI itself. Hence horse is the fastest. Archer unique unit is one move slower than horses and once upgraded is two moves slower. So I don't think I can finish fast.

For me Pangaea with Macedon perhaps?(strong horsemen to knights rush and very good chance of getting the first GG) But it depends on how the AI civs are located. I find the biggest bottleneck for me is getting units to the AI lands rather than fighting the AI itself. Hence horse is the fastest. Archer unique unit is one move slower than horses and once upgraded is two moves slower. So I don't think I can finish fast.

I think they put a good map for that for a quick science win, which someone won by domination at t122 and said it was slow. Maybe I should try that (if it still works after the patch).

I think they put a good map for that for a quick science win, which someone won by domination at t122 and said it was slow. Maybe I should try that (if it still works after the patch).
that someone would be me lol it was certainly slow because I lost an early city that I settled using a hard built settler. Surely that cost me a lot. Although that was not the standard number of civs since it had nine instead of eight.

Sub-100 is reasonable( actually an average winning time may be around T80~90) for Pangea Nubia.

My understanding is that most randomly-generated Nubia Pangea Diety Dom games shall finish sub-100, like Scythia/Sumeria/Aztec. If you treat yourself other than a beginner.

Top Bottom