Nubian and Hebrew units as well as the last of the Holy Roman, Viking and Celtic sets

Bakuel

King
I just wanted to announce that I just uploaded some more units.

First the last of the Viking, Holy Roman and Celtic units,

Viking Renaissance Age Unit Pack,

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12614

Holy Roman Renaissance Age Unit Pack,

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12616

Celtic Renaissance Age Unit Pack,

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12615

And then some Hebrew units.

Hebrew Ancient Age Unit Pack,

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12609

Hebrew Middle Age Unit Pack,

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12610

And finally some Nubian units.

Nubian Ancient Age Unit Pack,

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12612

Nubian Middle Age Unit Pack,

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12613

And that's it about it. Feel free to comment and tell me if anything is wrong with the download or unit, what you like, what you hate, or anything else.

You are seriously insane. Brilliant again, my friend! I expect to see that Viking Machinegunner and that Roman Tank sometime soon. :p Looking at everything you've done so far, I think I may really have to put in 2nd 3rd and 4th UUs for all the civs in WoL.

By the way, I'm too eager - what's next?

I'm glad you like the units achilleszero and sorry for creating more work for modders! :mischief:

@cybrxkhan,
Thanks for the kind words cyberkhan! Who knows? I may just make a Viking machinegunner one day, I'm never making the Roman Tank though. :p
Up next is a lot of Greek units (with some research help from Walter Hawkwood) and Byzantium, these two civs should take two weeks or so. After that I'll do China and Vietnam and then my unit creation speed will probably go back to normal levels as I began to research for my two senior thesis I have to write in the fall.

I'm glad you like the units achilleszero and sorry for creating more work for modders! :mischief:

I just wish there was a hebrew and nubian civ in LoR so I could use those units too.

Up next is a lot of Greek units (with some research help from Walter Hawkwood) and Byzantium, these two civs should take two weeks or so. After that I'll do China and Vietnam and then my unit creation speed will probably go back to normal levels as I began to research for my two senior thesis I have to write in the fall.

Eagerly awaiting these units as well. Especially the Greek. Was thinking about updating the greeks my self, but saw somewhere that you were doing them so I bow out to you.

You have outdone yourself. I am intoxicated and am thus unable to truly expound upon you your worth. Honestly, you are . .. .. .. .ing god damn amazing. The Hebrew units are awesome, the Nubian units easily unexpected. I love Bernie to death, but you are honstly the GREATEST unit maker right now. Amazing work....

Bernie, your Spaniards were great.... I think Portugal needs some units...

Up next is a lot of Greek units (with some research help from Walter Hawkwood) and Byzantium, these two civs should take two weeks or so.

Why don't we time these out for the release of the new Alexander the Great that the Ekmek/Bernie14/Capo team is working on?

Here's our progress so far....

I think it'd be a good idea. Plus I am releasing a replacement model of the old Alexander to use as an alternative Greek leader. Two different models too!!!

@cybrxkhan,
Thanks for the kind words cyberkhan! Who knows? I may just make a Viking machinegunner one day, I'm never making the Roman Tank though. :p

Your units seriously inspire me to stop procrastinating on WoL and getting back to work.

Anyhow, I look forward to all those units. I especially look forward to the Byzantine Kataphraktoi, as for some reason I just really like those guys. As for Vietnam, well... You know.

Anyhow good luck, and I still look forward to that Roman tank! :p

The Capo I'm glad you like the units!

Alexander looks awesome. I mean really awesome, the vanilla Alexander looks like a twerp compared to this one (well he always kinda looked like a twerp but I digress). You guys have really outdone yourselves and should collaborate more in the future, I mean, alone you guys make good leaderheads, but together you make jaw-dropping good leaderheads.

I'm all up for a coordinative release and I'll get started on those Greek units right away! They should be done in about two weeks or so. How close is the leaderhead to completion?

@cybrxkhan

Good, now you'll keep working on WoL. :goodjob:
And don't worry I plan to make some Kataphraktoi. Everyone loves Kataphraktoi!

Awsome units bakuel. Would it be possible to put the ancient archer skin on a slinger? The Hebrews were known for using slingers.
If you need any help on the early byzantines, I have some warhammer pictures of Justinian/Macedonian era byzantine armies. Justinian might be a bit more accurate as Macedonian era Byzantines looked relativly similar to later Byzantines.

I'm glad you like the units Ajidica!
Actually, I would like some help with early Byzantium armies and if you could give me some pics of the armies of Justinian's time it really would help me. I was planning to make a early Byzantium set and another set based off of the Komnenian Byzantium army. Since Byzantium doesn't have a "ancient age" I was hoping a army from late antiquity will work instead. Besides I'm sure it will be fun to make.

As for the slinger, I'll look into it. Actually, I was planning on making a slinger and had a model made, but I had trouble attaching it to the slinger animations. I'll try again later.

Seeing as I love the Byzantines, here's just some random pics I found online that may or may not help:

A romanticized version of the last Byzantine Emperor, constantine XI (i.e. 1400s, end of the Byzantine Empire) (so I'm not sure how accurate this is):

Another picture of Constantine XI and a couple of soldiers. The guy on the far left *may* be an Italian mercenary, though I am not sure, but he looks more Western European than Byzantine. Also, the Emperor's armor seems to be a little inaccurate - i.e. outdated - in this picture, and he probably would have been wearing something more like plate armor, possibly, though, again, I am not entirely sure.

Another pic of extremely late Byzantine units:

I hope someone can help me out with this. I was going to put it in the unit request thread but since its basically Bakuel's unit (from this set) I am putting it here.

I tried to turn a reskinned Hebrew Axeman into a Maccabee UU for Israel. I put the model on and everything but for some reason the head is shrunken. I have posted the unit (in a rar file) and a screenshot. If anyone can help me fix this that would be awesome. And if you can figure out why the shoulder is all pointy that'd be good too. Thanks. :goodjob:

I don't really know why Capo, but nif.viewer says that the Head Bip of this unit is scaled at .3000. I changed it back to 1.0000 and the head is back to normal size now. I haven't tried it in game yet but the file is attached to the post.

@cybrxkhan
Thanks for the pics cybrxkhan, the armor on Emperor in the secound picture would actually make a pretty cool great general. :hmm:

@avain
I'm glad you like the units avian! Does this mean VD will have a Nubian and Hebrew as optional civs?:please:

@Spillsandstains
Thanks and I'm glad you will be able to use the units!

Cybrxkhan, those units are more from the Paeleogian/splinter states than from the Komnenian Dynasty. The Komnenian Dynasty goes from prox 1081 to about 1204, although the line had spintered before then.

Have you seen this site?
http://www.dbaol.com/armies.htm
Early Byzantines are #86 IIRC. Looking at the armies is completly free and the units are relativly accurate. Here are a few more pictures I found. If you need more for Early or Macedonian/Early Komnenian (I don't have much for late Komnenian/Paeleogian Byzantines) I can scan in my Warhammer source book pictures

EDIT: Cybrxkhan, your correct, the first pic you have is heavily romanticised. Key thing is that the Theodesian Walls actualy weren't as tall as popularly concieved. There were just three levels of them. As for the Emperor in the second picture, the byzantines were known for holding on to traditions, the ceremonian dress for emperors didn't change all that much, and scale armour was effective against the massed archery the Turks were fond of.

Thanks Ajidica! These will do nicely, I actually do know about DBA online but I was once told that some of the armies are inaccurate (I remeber the Aztec and Incan armies where extremely inaccurate) so it always helps when I get a expert to vouch for them. I will make the units on the Early Byzantine page then.
It would be nice if you could scan those pictures too, but only if you aren't busy with something else of course. The DBA army may be enough but more pictures always make it easier to model and texture.

The Byzantine Armies there are relativly accurate. Perhaps the infantry are a bit too heavily armoured (The Byzantines didn't have much in the way of heavily armoured infantry. If they need real heavy infantry they would just dismount the cavalryman. The unarmoured infantry just served to hold the line and conduct some offensive movements.) but the rest of the stuff isn't that bad. I'll try and get the pictures scanned in soon.

@avain
I'm glad you like the units avian! Does this mean VD will have a Nubian and Hebrew as optional civs?:please:

With these units you're putting me under serious pressure to make them;)
To be honest, I already gave them a though as soon as I saw these units, thinking about existing LHs and units and such;)

Top Bottom