1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Nubian Empire - Prince - Small Pangaea

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by sfenick23, Aug 10, 2017.

1. sfenick23

sfenick23 Chieftain

Hello again all!

I am playing again as the Nubian Empire, Prince difficulty this time. Small Pangaea, online speed. All other settings are default.

I've posted the first three videos so far, link to the playlist is below. The first 20 turns were mostly scouting around and getting some infrastructure in place. Along the way, I met Poland, China, Persia, and Rome (in that order).

I wanted to expand towards the east, and thus declared war on Poland. Her three cities fell to my archers in fairly short order. That was when I noticed Rome's religious units hovering on the borders of my newly-won lands. Remembering the debacle of my last LP and emboldened by my newly-upgraded crossbows, I decided to relieve the Romans of the burden of spreading their religion. I also declared a somewhat ill-conceived war against Persia (with only one crossbow), but reinforcements will be arriving there shortly to help out.

Stay tuned!

2. sfenick23

sfenick23 Chieftain

I have uploaded everything through part 5...will upload more hopefully later today, and will do a more detailed writeup as well.

Thank you!

3. sfenick23

sfenick23 Chieftain

*sigh...I'm an idiot! I went to record the latest video in this LP, and there was no corresponding save file. Near as I can tell, I forgot to save the game; I played another quick game this morning, and that made it so I couldn't just resume. Sorry guys...really knuckleheaded thing for me to do.

At any rate, I started another game, same settings. So far, nothing much to report through the first 20 turns. I have done some initial exploring, and have met the Romans (who are well north of me). I have settled a second city, and don't anticipate much difficulty in the initial expansion. Stay tuned!