Nuclear Attack

Noctorum

Chieftain
How negative will the worlds opinion of me become? How will it happen?

~Alex

punkbass2000 said:
Everyone not at war with the civ you're nuking will declare war on you.
...only if you are the first to use nukes.

I thought this thread was ganna be about a sneak attack by an A.I using Nukes...the beginnings of the last and final world war! But I guess it's ganna be the same old...same old stuff.

I've only used nukes once and it was just for a joke (I quit the game without saving after that so I didn't see what happened afterwards). I'm not planning on doing it again though.

seanos08 said:
I've never had the AI nuke me first in conquests but aggro civs like the Zulu and Aztecs nuke first in civ 1.
Get them angry enough with you, then declare war on somebody. It can happen.

I just tested this and if you are the first to get nukes NOT everyone will declare war on you. Usually just 1-2. Sometimes none. I can think of at least 3 times I know for certain I was first to nuke and noone declared.

I have read a time ago it depends on how use your nukes, too...everyone gets angry, but they will only declare war if you use them against cities.

In GOTM 36 I was at war with China (they sneak attacked), with America & Spain as MPP allies and Germany & India neutral. After about 8 turns of stalemate and refused envoys, I used a Tactical Nuke on Beijing to convince them it was time to sign a peace treaty. I had a another pair of nukes ready, but one was enough. No one else declared and Germany stayed polite (I had 3 gpt deals with them). India was already furious from a previous war.

Once I actually nuked my own territory and the other people didn't seem to mind so much.

I had like a bunch of SoDs coming into my territory and the only way to stop it was to lay down two nukes. It was worth it in the end since that was basically the enemy's whole military.

There are admittedly a few (very few) situations where using nukes is tactically sound... personally I just don't like how the Manhattan Project lets EVERYBODY use nukes right away. Other nations should have to use espionage to learn the secrets of nuclear weapons; this would make the Manhattan Project both more interesting and more realistic.

Civkin said:
There are admittedly a few (very few) situations where using nukes is tactically sound... personally I just don't like how the Manhattan Project lets EVERYBODY use nukes right away. Other nations should have to use espionage to learn the secrets of nuclear weapons; this would make the Manhattan Project both more interesting and more realistic.

Try the RaR mod, we have the old style Manhattan GW around and a small wonder called "Atomic Weapons Test", which restricts nuclear weapons to the builder civ ;)

actually if you nuke a person long enough all the ais declare war on you even if they are at war with that civ. i'v done this before. nuked china 1 too many times and india declared war on me even though they were at war with china.

Sorry folks ... i posted a Civ 4 question in a Civ 3 forum - i should be lashed severly.

I love nuclear wars!....I created a scenario once where everyone had a massive nuclear silo.....the only problem was I had to figure out how to take out all enemy strongholds without letting them do the same thing to me.....

I had to spread out my tanks and postion them to take devastated cities. The most annoying thing in the world is win those stupid AI bomb a city so many times that their not doing nemore damage.

And I wish nuking a city made it's nukes explode. Although, I suppose in reality they'de be able to launch the missiles b4 they hit the city as a counter attack prior to their inevitable doom.

Top Bottom