Nuclear Destruction

PsychoKodiac

Chieftain
Alright I'm very new to this game and got pulled into it by my roommate and our buddy. These guys pride themselves on knowing more about this game than I do. We have repeatedly started 3 player games with comp AI in a free for all mode. In the end they always team up against the computer to keep from having to worry about the computer and they never increase the difficulty of the game to compensate for there "cheating". Cheating is what I call it even if they don't agree. I want to take them out because of this even at the sacrifice of my own civilization.

Basically what I'm asking for is any advice from the community on how to get :nuke: as fast as possible so I can just destroy the whole world. I keep telling them I'll nuke this whole world to the point everyone loses, and i want to follow up on my promise. So if there are any tips or tricks out there on how to beeline to ICBM's please let me know. I'm currently on an island of this map with just me and one other comp IA. I'm attempting to take him out to secure the island to myself. There is lots of ocean front property. I'm hoping once the island is to myself I'll be able to create enough ocean defenses to hold them off till I can rain down death from above. :king:

Well you need two techs, Fission and Rocketry... (and you need to really hope you have Uranium.. but thats ok on a decent sized continent)

The key tech needed is Physics.. if you go get Rifling, Phyisics and Steel you can get Artillery then Rocketry

Physics also allows Electricity which leads to Fission.

Routes you can ignore
Biology->Medicine
SteamPower->Assembly Line->Industrialization
Railroad->Combustion
Economics->Corporation
Constitution->Democracy
Communism

However, Nukes are expensive which means you need the Industrial capacity to deal with them
(which means you need)
SteamPower->Assembly Line
Economics->Corporation
Constitution

you will probably need Medicine then to deal with Health issues

and you will probably need Combustion to keep up your naval defense

So those would be your techs After you get the techs for ICBMs
Communism is also good to maintain a production advantage. (state property)

Another good idea would be to make lots of productive cities...more nukes the better!
Also, once you get your techs needed, I would switch to democracy and halt my research. This will enable you to buy quite a few nukes.
Lastly, and this is if you REALLY want to make things toasty....cut down every single tree you can find. Less trees means more global warming which makes nukes even more deadly.

By the way, you're sick:lol: .....but I like your style.

Have fun!

Best would be to be Rome bum rush to Preatorans AND DESTROY... When ever I play a new Civ Rome is my default choice.. As its unstoppable unless Im playing lol.

Oh it will be awhile before I'm able to complete this master plan. We don't get to play our games nightly due to the 3 of use having different schedules. However I will be attempting this at all costs. I'm sure you know that as soon as I create these weapons I'll have to assume that my buddies will immediately turn on me and try to stop it. So should I go for this first in preperation? Or wait till after I beeline to them?

"However, Nukes are expensive which means you need the Industrial capacity to deal with them
(which means you need)
SteamPower->Assembly Line
Economics->Corporation
Constitution

you will probably need Medicine then to deal with Health issues

and you will probably need Combustion to keep up your naval defense"

Also on a side note if this has any bearing on the circumstances. I'm currently running on the easiest level there is for the game. Since I'm a noob they didn't object too much. They are currently running on prince or noble I believe. I'm not sure what advantages that gives me.

It gives you research, health, and happiness bonuses. You should be able to reach nukes easily before they can get to SDI. Do you have tech trading turned off? If not, it seems that you don't have anyone to do this with since you plan on taking out the AI on your continent (good idea anyway, btw, to get resources and production cities). But, if your buddies have more AIs on their continents, they can tech trade to keep up with you.

They currently have alot more AI's on their continent.

I can't remember exactly but I believe they changed some option with tech trading. But I don't believe it was the choice that made no trading possible. It was some other option with trades.

I was just curious in my previous post if I should pick up those supplementary techs first before I hit up the nukes or after while I'm producing them. I know as soon as they see the Manhattan project pop up on their screens they are going to turn on me.

They currently have alot more AI's on their continent.

I can't remember exactly but I believe they changed some option with tech trading. But I don't believe it was the choice that made no trading possible. It was some other option with trades.

I was just curious in my previous post if I should pick up those supplementary techs first before I hit up the nukes or after while I'm producing them. I know as soon as they see the Manhattan project pop up on their screens they are going to turn on me.

They probably turned off tech brokering -- you can't trade a tech away unless you researched it yourself.

As for researching the other tech lines, I would beeline to Fission first and then backtrack the other lines while building the Manhattan Project. It can take a while to build, so ideally you'll be in good position to start cranking out the ICBMs as soon as it's complete.

Will they be able to tell I'm building it in game? Or will they only know once its finished?
The other thing I have to worry about is my roomate who sits 3 feet from me. I'll have to attempt to make it in a city I'm not doing anything with to make sure he dosen't see it being built.

Will they be able to tell I'm building it in game? Or will they only know once its finished?
The other thing I have to worry about is my roomate who sits 3 feet from me. I'll have to attempt to make it in a city I'm not doing anything with to make sure he dosen't see it being built.

When you have ingame contact with them (civ-to-civ I mean), and their espionage points with you are high enough, they can see your current research.

Also, in the trading screen you (and they) can see what techs are available for trading if they haven't traded/researched those themself. So with some attention span they can figure out you're going the nuke route.

Oh yes, once you completed the Manhattan Project they can see that in the Best Cities/Wonders screen too. So consider them to be warned in advance.

You should research Mass Media, and Build the UN. Otherwise, if they reach it before you, and build it, they can denied your Nuclear Dream, by forbidding the nuclear weaponnery.

Nah, just defy the resolution and nuke 'em to hell! You're not trying to win, right? Just serve up a good lesson ;)

Be carefull they don't use the UN to ban nuclear weapons before you launch your attack.

And make sure you have enough high production cities: I'd be a good idea to build Iron Works in your best production city as soon as you research steel. To do that you need to build enough forges in advance.

I'd also research assembly line before fission and build factories and coal plants in all my production cities while i research fission. That way you will be able to build the manhattan project faster and then start to mass-produce nukes and launch them before they can react. Once they see you have built the MP they will realize what you are doing, from that point on you really need to be quick.

When you see they also have researched fission or they have built the UN, just launch all what you have at once.

@DanielDaniel, well, I would definitely go for fission first, start building the Manhattan Project in a decent production city, and then go for assembly line/factories/coal plants. Building up coastal and coast city defenses the whole time you wait for ManProj to be built.

Also, even if they put up the no nuke proposition, you can defy it a couple (2) times. With Universal Suffrage, you can have a very nice nuclear inventory in those 6 extra turns. Plus, if they haven't built any nukes yet, they won't know if you have them or not, so they might not be so quick to limit their own ability to form up a nuclear deterrent.

And, even if they form up a nuclear deterrent, if they use it, well, it is their own risk, since they will aggrave global warming

Wait you can only defy resolutions twice? I thought you could do it indefinitely

No, you can defy as much as you want, but beyond 2 (3 is doable, but pushing it a lot), you will incur such unhappiness, that you may cripple the empire.

That could take quite a few... I don't know the coding numbers, so I have no idea. I've launched 5 nukes and had 4 launched on me. Only about 20 squares went to desert in the last 15 turns of the game, so I'm sure a whole lot more are needed.

Top Bottom