1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Nuclear Plants... are they worth it?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by nikosison, Apr 3, 2007.

1. nikosison

nikosison Chieftain

This is may be a stupid question but are nuclear plat worth it? I mean in all of my games that reached the modern era, I've built one in ALL my cities and NEVER experienced a meltdown. Am I just lucky? BTW all those games were below noble. In fact I just started my first noble game.

2. cabert

cabert Big mouth

I've yet to build a single nuclear plant :lol:
    At noble, you should be able to get the 3GD, giving power to every city on the continent.
    If you don't get it (by not trying ;)), coal plants come earlier and teh health penalty isn't THAT bad.
    On rivers, you can build hydroplants. That's enough possibilities for me, so I don't run the risk of meltdown.

3. JimT

JimT Chieftain

Most people won't know too many people tried them on earlier versions of civ and never went back.