1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Nuclear War + Space?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Infantry121, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Infantry121

Infantry121 Chieftain

Is it possible,because i am planning to get it,and i always loved nuking everyone in Civ4.
    Also,is the space exploration that's been in almost all of the Civs (All i believe).Both i loved,but Nuclear war I WANT!

2. Slowpoke

Slowpoke The Mad Modder

It seems you can't have nuclear war because they didn't even program nuke A.I. (get the A.I. to build nukes, and they just sit there even if you nuke em) :crazyeye: You can nuke others yourself though.

3. MickyLuv

MickyLuv Chieftain

You can nuke and compete in the space race if you want - you just have to complete the required programs before hand.

My first game was a space victory (always go for that first in a new version of Civ) and I nuked Rome because Augustus was being a bit of a runaway AI idiot.

And I wanted to see what it looked like of course.:nuke:

4. MickyLuv

MickyLuv Chieftain

What? You're kidding right?

5. Slowpoke

Slowpoke The Mad Modder

As far as I know from testing, what I said is correct. I'd love for someone to prove me wrong.

6. KingMackem

KingMackem Chieftain

I haven't seen the ai use their nukes yet either, despite how liberal I always am with mine.

What I wonder is, is there any negative to using nukes? In 4 everyone hates you immediately and if you use enough, you could blow up the world and trigger a barbarian victory. Does anyone know if this applies in 5? So far I haven't seen any extreme hatred from others for using them. Haven't used enough in one game to see if I can blow up the world...

7. smellymummy

smellymummy King

it's a pita to test, the manhattan project isn't a building so how exactly can we just give it free to the AI? make it super cheap and hope it builds it? and then sit, watch and wait for it to do a move, all the while the AI has 100s of other flavors to satisfy with war being one of them, it has land units needing attention forget nukes and airplanes.

id love to get nuked in civ, i yearn for it :lol:

8. Slowpoke

Slowpoke The Mad Modder

Oh that ain't too hard, start in the future era, set to deity, change the project xmls to make it like appolo program, set the flavor to a billion. I'm rather jealous of the A.I., it makes it it like half a dozen turns. Up the flavors for ICBMs and it'll have several, just sitting there.