1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Nuke Limit? Problem Solved Victory Achieved Screens :)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by omnimutant, May 29, 2008.

1. omnimutant

omnimutant Warlord

Hmm. I'm playing a Standard Islands Map 18 Civs with Conquest and Domination as victory conditions on BTS (no mods). For some stupid reason after nuking about 20 or so cities. My ICBM production Ceased. Then it would not let me make anymore Nukes of any kind! (tactical or ICBM).

Any Idea why this Happened? Game log shows nothing. I know about 50 turns ago a pop up cam up asking me to dump the nukes for 3 happiness or spend gold to fund a Pro Nuke campaign. I obviously spent the gold.

There is no UN nor AP as I have diplomatic Victory turned off.

Just kind of confused and a bit upset by this. I was nuking away forcing capitulation and Racking up the vassals for a Domination victory when all of a sudden no more nukes!

I'd appreciate any further help on this one. Cause I'm not done Laying waste and causing rampant Global warming!(which btw is really Fing stupid, just like Al Gores picture on the Internet tech):nuke::nuke::nuke:

2. Metal Alloy Man

Metal Alloy Man Back in Black

You sure there wasn't a U.N. ban on them involved?

3. omnimutant

omnimutant Warlord

No U.N., diplomatic Victory is turned off.

4. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

I think that you can build the UN even if the diplomatic victory is turned OFF... That's because there are other things to do with the UN (like ban nukes for instance...)

I dunno I never turn off any victory conditions. But it would seem weird to make the UN disappear as a whole when you turn off diplomatic victory.

5. omnimutant

omnimutant Warlord

Turning off Diplomatic Victory takes the UN and the AP out of the Game as far as I can tell. I never get the option to build them and I've never seen them Built since I have been Playing without Diplo Victory. Mainly because they are annoying. :)

6. Metal Alloy Man

Metal Alloy Man Back in Black

???????????????????????????????

7. Clam Spammer

Clam Spammer Prince

Do you still have access to uranium? It could be that someone has pillaged it or taken it by culture. If this is the case then you probably didn't notice since you were so busy nuking everyone ;)

8. King Kalmah

King Kalmah Magyar Madness

I'd vote culture took your uranium cause that happened to me once with iron

9. omnimutant

omnimutant Warlord

I thought that at first too, but then notice the uranium is one tile next to my Capitol which is thriving in culture. Plenty of Uranium. I'm still stumped and have no idea whats going on. :(

Edited:
    OK this is weird I went back and noticed is says I don't have uranium yet the Mine is right there next to my capitol... I'm confused:

10. Clam Spammer

Clam Spammer Prince

That's an awesome start location you got there. At least it was before it turned into desert :p

Are you sure you're not trading your Uranium to someone else? You didn't accept an offer from the AI without thinking about it (easy to do in a long game, especially with so many AI civs)?

11. omnimutant

omnimutant Warlord

Thanks it's one of the funnest Maps I've played in a really long time :p

I got it all figured out thanks guys.

It's complicated. Basically it's like this. I had 2 sources of uranium. I had traded one to a vassal knowing I had another. In my tirade of nuking and forcing capitulation on 1/2 of the world I collect quite a few vassals. I was more then happy to gift everyones Land back so I did not have to deal with it. The strategy being If I can force everyone to capitulate I'll win. :)

Anyway Apparently somehow I managed to gift one of MY cities that had the other uranium resource. The Uranium in the screen shot was apparently the original resource trade. So I found out who I had traded it to and got it back. Now I'm back to Nuking the Planet and spreading fallout (global warming) across the Land in my Evil attempt at Creating a Mutant Race of Beings in Honor of Fallout 3 being released this fall.

So far I've got 9 Vassals now and 5 or 6 more to go :)

12. Rhyshaelkan

Rhyshaelkan Chieftain

I miss engineers from Civ 2. Given time, an engineer can turn icepack to grassland. That desert are pretty much worthless without special resources makes nuking dicey.

13. Ricci

Ricci Prince

Actually, what is/isn't the original trading mine is not relevant. What happened is that foreign trade agreements prioritizes domestic consume, in an attempt to let you decide to break a deal when you happen to lose your last domestic resource but are still trading another instance of it.

14. omnimutant

omnimutant Warlord

Thats what Makes Tiny Islands Maps so fun. Almost every City I own is surrounded by water tiles and based on a sea faring economy. Global warming doesn't effect water much. :)

15. omnimutant

omnimutant Warlord

Victory has Been achieved!!!
    Spoiler :

My First Ever Domination Via Vassal Victory! :p
    Spoiler :

ICBM's and Mech Infantry did the trick! Nuke em to death roll in 1 peices of Infantry to take the Capitol, repeat until Capitulation, then return most cities back. Thats how I conquered the world today!

Some Civ's Never made it to the end, Isabella and Shaka were destroyed early on. Not sure who else was wiped out.

16. NHJ BV

NHJ BV El Presidente

I always loved setting packs of Engineers to turn both poles into grassland, then constructing railroads on them and building a few cities there.

17. J-man

J-man Deity

You're not winning any popularity contests with the other leaders :p

18. ShadyCharacter

ShadyCharacter Chieftain

I hope you never run for president.

19. oranges

oranges Prince

LOL, I think this could be said for all CIV players at some point. Even those of us who are true builders at heart have episodes that qualify.

20. omnimutant

omnimutant Warlord

I did not expect too as most of the other Civs decided they were Friends with each other about the time I started to Nuke them. Nuking someones friend in this game is like a minimum -30 penalty. Since I nuked each Civ before they Became my vassal you could imagine how unpopular I was :)

Mehmed II, the last hold out, was at some -52 or something before I won.

Being Ragnar and all I cared not about Popularity, only Plunder! (And world domination of course)