NukeNes XXV: Empires under the Sun

ZeletDude confirmed as Italy
Kentharu confirmed as Germany
DarthNader confirmed as The United Kingdom
NedimNapoleon confirmed as The Netherlands

LordofElves, is that your FINAL decision? ;)

PM me if you want to conduct official diplo. I'll try to be on AIM but you will most likely be able to find me on #nes if you want to chat.

Long live the Empire.

Justo has been confirmed as The American Empire
Agent 89 has been confirmed as The Russian Empire
germanicus12 has been confirmed as Portugal

LordofElves is confirmed as Brazil
Boundless is confirmed as The Ottoman Empire

:w00t:

<redacted>

GamezRule is confirmed as France

I got my 4th choice? Not 3rd? I don't care if I didn't get my 1st or 2nd choice, it is a popular choice for several people and even though I think I am a good choice for either of them I am not concerned or busting your chops about them but the 3rd choice really should have been given to me.

Portugal is open, I don't have the ability to play Portugal as well as I would have as Italy or my other choices, so rather than hurt the NES with my poor role-playing ability as Portugal I am bowing out.

And to answer any questions about why I even chose Portugal as my 4th, I honestly did not think it would get that far and I wanted to end with a nice round even number and Portugal was as close to the other countries in some RPing form and I felt it wouldn't really matter as I most likely would not get it. I was wrong. I have learned my lesson.

I got my 4th choice? Not 3rd? I don't care if I didn't get my 1st or 2nd choice, it is a popular choice for several people and even though I think I am a good choice for either of them I am not concerned or busting your chops about them but the 3rd choice really should have been given to me.

Portugal is open, I don't have the ability to play Portugal as well as I would have as Italy or my other choices, so rather than hurt the NES with my poor role-playing ability as Portugal I am bowing out.

And to answer any questions about why I even chose Portugal as my 4th, I honestly did not think it would get that far and I wanted to end with a nice round even number and Portugal was as close to the other countries in some RPing form and I felt it wouldn't really matter as I most likely would not get it. I was wrong. I have learned my lesson.

And Italy was my first choice.

germanicus, ZeletDude edited the map for me taking several hours of his personal time, and I felt it the least I could do to give him Italy for his efforts. DarthNader had worked on me with editing the stats and was actually the first person I told about this who encouraged me to make it, and asked for the UK, and Justo and I discussed in length about fleshing out the American Empire's backstory, making him more responsible than I am about the nation.

If you read the history about this era, Portugal could actually become a bigger influence than it was in OTL, it's still a Secondary Power. If you'd like, you could ask for a different nation, or you don't have to play. Up to you

How much influence does Mexico have? Would playing as Mexico be mostly a weak American Yes-Man? I find the idea of a Mexico ruled by a relative of an American Emperor and a bunch of soldiers pretty interesting, but I wouldn't just want to sit there.

Mexico's foreign policy is controlled by the American Emperor, and its industries are controlled by American capitalists. It is kind of like a British Canada except dominated through military instead of silly things like Parliament and democracy. You'd have to talk to Justo about specifics though, and if that interests you, then go for it :)

I don't care who gets what and for whatever reason, I just think it is a bit off putting that my top 3 were already in a sense reserved for players who helped the mod put the NES together when they should have been decided before players can pick their nations so I know what is not available and what is. Instead Nukekid simply asked me to post a list of my top 3-4 nations and I did so only to find out that 3 of those have already been reserved.

Portugal is a good nation to play and I encourage anyone who wants to join to play it, I just feel I cannot do a good job there as I feel I cannot adequately play them. Sorry.

In other news, players are needed for powers such as Japan, Belgium, Spain and Portugal, who I'd really like to find before we kick of the Berlin Conference.

if it was unclear Turn 1 is 1885, while the Berlin Conference will take place at 1884.

Omega124 has been confirmed as Sweden
GamezRule has been confirmed as France

Japan if still open from what I can see, China as 2nd.

I don't care who gets what and for whatever reason, I just think it is a bit off putting that my top 3 were already in a sense reserved for players who helped the mod put the NES together when they should have been decided before players can pick their nations so I know what is not available and what is. Instead Nukekid simply asked me to post a list of my top 3-4 nations and I did so only to find out that 3 of those have already been reserved.

Portugal is a good nation to play and I encourage anyone who wants to join to play it, I just feel I cannot do a good job there as I feel I cannot adequately play them. Sorry.

Regardless, Italy was my first choice, and America was Justo's why would your 2nd and 3rd choices override someone's first choice?

Top Bottom