Nukes and diplomacy

abeverat

Chieftain
Hello all,

I would like to ask if nukes play there role like in real world. Generally a country will not attack another one if it possess nuclear weapons. On the other hand, once you nuked a country, it is quite willing to stop war.

I think that in civ neither things happen

i am not sure that another civ gets really afraid from the fact that I have nukes (plenty of them)

and when I nuke a city, for defensive purposes, it only upsets even more there leader.

Have you also seen that ?

Alex

I agree, nukes should be more of a deterent than a cause of war. And if you nuke a civ it should be more willing to make peace. (This has beens shown a few times througout history). I think the mentality of dealing with nukes still persists from civ1 when the cold war was still fresh in everyones minds. Basically, when civ 1 came out the threat of nuclear war was still very prominent but since ten nuclear weapons have provent to be more a of a deterent than a cause. Also, you should be severely blackballed by the other civs if you use nuclear weapons.:nuke:

I've always felt this is the way it should be. However, if another civ goes ahead and develops nukes, then there should be some sort of deterence factor for you. IE when was the last time an AI civ dropped nukes on you in response to your conventional warfare?

I got declared war on by Louise the Fat Dude in a Wig recently, Nuked Paris and he asked for terms, although I did get Cyrus and Isabella to declare war on his sorry behind the turn before. Does that count?

To err is Human to Civ is deivine.

Top Bottom