1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Nukes and Regicide

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by FM_Freyland, Nov 21, 2002.

1. FM_Freyland

FM_Freyland Vote with your wallets!

Greetings.

Sorry if this has been covered before, but a search of "Nukes AND regicide" provided nothing.

I have never used Nukes in the past; I have either clearly won or clearly lost long before they would become an issue. Now, I have noticed that in Regicide mode, the AI seems to keep it's King in it's capital all the time. Does this mean that once I produce nukes, I could simply win the game by just launching on at every capital all at once? Or is that not how nukes work? Thanks in advance.

Jonathan

2. WillJ

WillJ Coolness Connoisseur

:nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

If an opponent does happen to have all their kings in one location, and you nuke that location, they'll all be blasted away, and that civ will be out of the game (if that is how regicide works). I don't have PTW yet, so I don't know if the AI always keeps its kings in its capitals, but if so (and I think I have heard something like this before) then yes, you could win the game by nuking all the civs' capitals.

3. GenMarshall

GenMarshall High Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    I know that AI Kings always heads to the nearest city and does nothing :).

4. Lt. 'Killer' M.

Lt. 'Killer' M. Deity

?????

:confused:

Maybe a King unti can't be killed by nukes?

Yes indeed the AI keeps Kings in captial..... and absurd numbers of defenders, to the poijnt that they can't afford them.

Give it a try and tell us what happened!

5. WillJ

WillJ Coolness Connoisseur

Oh yeah, I didn't think of the obvious possibility of nukes not being able to kill Kings. :o

6. Quillan

Quillan Monkey Butler

Kings can die just like other units from nukes. I'm not sure of the exact unit %'s, but i think it is something like 50 %.

7. Perfection

Perfection The Great Head.

Yep all you gotta do is build about 3 ICBM's per Civ and take out captitals and major cities.

8. Lt. 'Killer' M.

Lt. 'Killer' M. Deity

Perfection: good to know!

9. FM_Freyland

FM_Freyland Vote with your wallets!

Well, thanks for the feedback guys. That kind feels like a bit of an exploit: I can be last in points and as long as I have nukes I can win the game. Too true about the defenders in the Ai capital, too.... the mongols had no fewer than 3 pikemen, a Keshik and 9 spearmen protecting their capital. My 16 war elephants were just inadequate to the task.

10. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

Well, I think that the new victory conditions were designed for MP (duh!), so if you are able to build nukes, so will your opponent.