Nukes, discuss

Payback time.........

Attachments

• nimetön.jpg
    nimetön.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 218
Nuke are a garant for peace.Maybe I mistake but in civilzation III is NOT use in consideration the NUKE STRATEGY. The nuke strategy is:
Strategy of intimidation(or Trumman strategy)
Strategy mass nuke revange (or Eisenhauer strategy)
Strategy elastic response (or Kenedy strategy)
Strategy of quiescency intervening(or Nixson strategy)
Total Strategy (or Regan Strategi)
End Global strategy

Each of this strategy have planed how (and how much) wars will be used

Do nukes act as a deterent to AI declaring war on you? I've never noticed this if they do.

I think it must do something, because nukes affect the power graph. But remember that with the AI's randomness, if they REALLY want a war there's nothing that will stop them. ;)

@Artillery: :lol:

PrinceOfLeigh said:
Do nukes act as a deterent to AI declaring war on you? I've never noticed this if they do.

Not in them declaring wr on you, but it usually deters them from launching their nukes. They do not want to trigger Global War. I have had them go to war and not use nukes many times.

AnsarKing101 said:
Who, the AI? Nukes DO cause war, duh! :mischief:

No the ai tends to be a bit silly and not see them as the ultimate weapon of peace , becuase who wants a war when someone has a nuke?

Nukes are great in destroying SOD in your territory. The AI won't retaliate with World War if you do that.

Remind me again what SOD is...? :confused:

Stack of Doom, ie a stack of 90% of the AI's offensive military which they send at you.

I wonder if it would be an effective strategy against a big civilization to nuke all of its ports or a a bottle neck city to slow the opposition down.

I'm in a game with about 50% of the board and I'm getting close to invading the nuclear civs which kind of scares me. I do have SDI and a 3 to 2 nuclear advantage over everyone else. Can multiple civilizations get SDI?

That's why it's best if you've got the tech lead that you don't wait around too long - or else the nuclear civs will get the SDI and things will be a lot harder! ;)

Blitz their cities with nukes, then steal them with MAs.

Best unit for the job is a conquistador army, because it will still get some movement reduction when running through the roadless, bombed out terrain.

Top Bottom