Nukes, discuss

brennan said:
Why? does the base rate change? He says he only has 1 opponent left, should be plenty of room for cities to do research...

It was an Emperor game, and I was trying to get a Space Race victory. Therefore, I was researching Superconductors at the time. India had a huge tech lead, and wouldn't sell me any techs until I was about 1 turn from researching them :rolleyes: So that would have been a waste of money. I had 64% of the land and 80% of the population, but it still took at least 14 turns alone to research Satellites, so you can imagine how long Superconductors lasted.

@brennan: Yes, the base cost of techs changes. ;) Tens (or even hundreds) of thousands of gold for modern techs on the higher levels, IIRC. ;)

I just fought a real nuclear war and had a real nuclear slugfest. I lost quite a few cities but won out in the end. Screenshots soon....

How can you lose cities to nukes? :confused:

Hello All, Silver - please post some screen shots asap, ! It keeps this thread fresh ! Well Done .....

Lord Parkin - You cannot lose cities to nukes, the nukes justkill all defensive units then you have to move a unit in to occupy it and a icbm can not do the job.

Appologys for the spelling, but im moving house tommowrow and a lot of things have been packed like my ability to spell!

Smell you later !

Dont you think it would make more sence if a city could be totally annialated by Nukes or once a population its 10000 do you just become immune to nuclear bombardments. I also think that radiation needs to be a bigger problem in the game. Its just all to easy to nuke a powerfully fortified city to just then send in a horde or workers to clean up the mess.

Thunderpants said:
Lord Parkin - You cannot lose cities to nukes, the nukes justkill all defensive units then you have to move a unit in to occupy it and a icbm can not do the job.
Yeah, I know... that's why I was confused at silver's remark... :confused:

@Himalia: Absolutely agree with both of those points. :) Nukes SHOULD be much more destructive (at least, modern nukes anyway), and there SHOULD be some sort of radiation-effect. Not sure if that'll be in Civ4 or not, we haven't heard about that yet - but I sure hope they'll at least do something about nukes in it, as it's pretty much impossible to edit that aspect of the Civ3 nukes. :eek: :crazyeye:

Nice sig by the way. ;) :D

Dear All, Its one week after our move , computer now set up,

Positives : My boxer shorts have now been found, been living with just two pairs !

Cons: Still not found my civ discs...

Can I justify buying the game again so i dont have to look for them?

Hmm... how much does it cost where you are at the moment? :)

By the way, this should probably have been posted in "Off Topic". ;)

The game I'm playing now, on regent, i started war with everyone so I could start my global conquest (I was rediculously far ahead) I had SDI defence (normally I don't go far but i wanted to explore the future in this game) The Ai nuked me on the very next turn, something I did NOT expect. 10 or so nukes were blocked and 3 got through.

This made the Ai players go to war with each other as well as with me (Splitting the forces of the two most powerful nations). Since I was nuked myself I decided to unleash my own atom-splitting fury out on the Ai's and unleashed my 54 nukes, destroying the each city in the most well developed nations. This added a few turns onto my conquest (because of destoyed rails to cities), but it was fun!

My ~350 Modern armours and ~150 radar artillery had no trouble cleaning up the mess

Thunderpants said:
My boxer shorts have now been found, been living with just two pairs !

Cons: Still not found my civ discs...

1) Is this why you are Thunderpants?!?!

2) NOOOOO! You will end up with a real life if you are not careful!!!! :lol:

Brennan,

1) No its because I like curry that gives me an explosive ass ... as my breadknife will vouch for..

2)Quite a problem there, I am trying hard to avoid it. I am using this as a destressor and so I have to play ! Yes !

Lord Parkin,

Yes it should be posted off topic or maybe not i would like to know what thread authors are up to. It gives you an insight as to what type of player you are..

Random Insanity, How many citys do you have to get so much modern armour? what size map are you palying with?

People its bad 4 weeks after the move and i still can not find civ ! i can talk about it but not play it ! Can i sniff someones civ please ??????

Top Bottom