Number of turns

its in "CIV4GameSpeedInfo"

i put all the values for "marathon" to 100 and got some more time to dominate..

that's

C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\Assets\XML\GameInfo

on my computer.

and here's the original XML of the marathon section incase anyone wants to revert to original.

<Type>GAMESPEED_MARATHON</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_GAMESPEED_MARATHON</Description>
<Help>TXT_KEY_GAMESPEED_MARATHON_HELP</Help>
<iGrowthPercent>300</iGrowthPercent>
<iStoragePercent>300</iStoragePercent>
<iTrainPercent>300</iTrainPercent>
<iConstructPercent>300</iConstructPercent>
<iFatherPercent>300</iFatherPercent>
<iGreatGeneralPercent>300</iGreatGeneralPercent>
- <GameTurnInfos>
- <GameTurnInfo>
<iMonthIncrement>4</iMonthIncrement>
<iTurnsPerIncrement>900</iTurnsPerIncrement>

Thank you !
P.S. Yesterday I found "time" option in "custom game" / "victory conditions". Maybe t it will be easier way to play "forever". I'll check it today.

So if I wanted the timeline from the original Colonization (1492-1850, 2 turns a year after 1600), would this be what I'd do?

Code:
<GameTurnInfos>
   <GameTurnInfo>
      <iYearIncrement>1</iYearIncrement>
      <iTurnsPerIncrement>108</iTurnsPerIncrement>
   </GameTurnInfo>
   <GameTurnInfo>
      <iSeasonIncrement>2</iSeasonIncrement>
      <iTurnsPerIncrement>500</iTurnsPerIncrement>
   </GameTurnInfo>
</GameTurnInfos>

Wonderful. Thanks Snoopy, I imagine this will be the first modification I make to the game.

Good ol' nostalgia.

I'm not sure what you'd DO with 608 turns, mind you. Just that you'd have them. :)

Make sure you're playing on an appropriate speed level - like Epic, i'd guess. Looks like it's 300, 600, 900 ... so 608 is Epic.

I'm not sure what you'd DO with 608 turns, mind you. Just that you'd have them. :)

Make sure you're playing on an appropriate speed level - like Epic, i'd guess. Looks like it's 300, 600, 900 ... so 608 is Epic.

I dunno, at least from what others are saying, it sounds like 300 turns isn't enough to do much. Too few colonists, builidngs too expensive, and especially the WoI taking so long you run out of time. I would presume that if this is true, playing it with 600 turns on Epic would give the same issues, just half as quickly.

I'll wait until I've played a few games before deciding for myself if I wanted to make that change, but if I feel the same way as them about the normal length game, I'll probably try resetting the normal length game to the original game's 608 turns and see how that goes.

I suspect the 300 turn issue is largely relegated by the advantages of Epic - even if it takes longer to do things, you feel better about it. But that's a personal choice of course. :)

I do suspect that 600 turns on Normal is absurdly long... but then again you don't have to take 600 turns to finish the game, either.

I suspect the 300 turn issue is largely relegated by the advantages of Epic - even if it takes longer to do things, you feel better about it. But that's a personal choice of course. :)

I do suspect that 600 turns on Normal is absurdly long... but then again you don't have to take 600 turns to finish the game, either.

I found that in Col1, after the initial setup of three or four colonies, there was a nice big lull (about 250-300 turns long) where you could take your time and expand your colonies, build new ones, develop the land, and loads of other stuff, but still felt like the game was letting you sit back and relax for a bit before the time came to prepare for the WoI, and I often had about 100 turns to prepare, and 100 turns to fight it that I rarely used all of.

Once I've played a couple of games at the default speed and at Epic, I'll know how I feel about the current speed, but I have a sneaking suspicion I'll be longing for that more relaxed pace.

And if the mod I'm planning isn't much fun, I can just go back. :)

I played for a few hours last night with these settings:

<Type>GAMESPEED_MARATHON</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_GAMESPEED_MARATHON</Description>
<Help>TXT_KEY_GAMESPEED_MARATHON_HELP</Help>
<iGrowthPercent>100</iGrowthPercent>
<iStoragePercent>100</iStoragePercent>
<iTrainPercent>100</iTrainPercent>
<iConstructPercent>100</iConstructPercent>
<iFatherPercent>100</iFatherPercent>
<iGreatGeneralPercent>100</iGreatGeneralPercent>
- <GameTurnInfos>
- <GameTurnInfo>
<iMonthIncrement>4</iMonthIncrement>
<iTurnsPerIncrement>900</iTurnsPerIncrement>

The pacing was great I think. I'm going to have to play more to be sure, but I think the other european colonies were expanding a LOT faster than i was. Not in number of cities, but the size of their individual cities. Is there an NPC section of that XML file, or do I just need more practice?

The thing I hate is that it takes like 13 turns on the WH(huge) to travel from the coast of NA to to the edge.

Now I have so far only reached the late 16th century in my game, but I wonder do the game time change to 2 turns per year in 1600? It it possible to change to 2 turn or more per year in the files?

iSeasonIncrement doesn't seem to work properly for me for some reason. If I have that in my gamespeed, the game says that it is invalid, and fails to load the XML.

Any idea why that could be?

I have played old colonisation, so I got around this one pretty fast. After 260 turns I got wealthy Dutch colony and english were defeated, but in remaining 40 turns I failed to get even 10% of liberty support.:mad:
Thanx for that C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4GameSpeedInfo.XML idea.

I hope that on marathon with all settings on 170% I will have a lot of time not only to beat my monarch but also to beat rival empires and qonquer all natives.:king:

Guys & Gals, you make something so simple into something hard :p

Start a Custom Single Player Game, Where it says Victory's, Uncheck all apart from Independance. Alacabam! Unlimited Game Time! Well atleast untill Someone Declares and Wins Indapendance......which at this point is pretty much impossible for the AI.

Uppign the Game Speed Just Adds hammars to production and makes everything else cost alot more(Units ect, Gold u get form treasure/Tribes)

Top Bottom