1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Numpad Movement 1.0

Allows you to move your units with the numpad keys

1. sp00n

sp00n Chieftain

sp00n submitted a new resource:

Numpad Movement - Allows you to move your units with the numpad keys

Read more about this resource...

2. halldors78

halldors78 Chieftain

Finally someone did fix this or at least try in my case, have been waiting for this too long and find it very strange that this isnt in the game. but after first try it doesn't work, it shows up and looks like it should work but when i get in game in doesn't. just wanted to let you know if you know what the problem is or if you will make it better.
    thank you

3. halldors78

halldors78 Chieftain

the numpad works now for moving the around the map, not the units

4. sp00n

sp00n Chieftain

There's no reference whatsoever to map movement in this mod. Make sure that you have num lock activated, i.e. that you would actually type the number when hitting the key. When num lock is off, the keys act as their arrow keys counterparts, which would indeed move the map around instead (and "7" (home) opens the main menu).

Or maybe you have any other mods installed that add key bindings to the game, and thus mess with this one.

5. halldors78

halldors78 Chieftain

exactly, it moves around the map and 7 goes to menu. i did once change the wasd keys to map movement, maybe thats doing something, im just gona try uninstall and install again and then try your mod. This mod is a must. thanks again.

6. sp00n

sp00n Chieftain

As I said, make sure that num lock is activated, i.e. the light is on (if you still have a normal keyboard...). No num lock, no unit movement.

7. halldors78

halldors78 Chieftain

i know how to turn num lock on and off, was trying it again after install, doesn't work, i have a laptop but that shouldn't be the problem but maybe it is. will let you know if i can make this work. thank you

8. sp00n

sp00n Chieftain

Yeah, laptops are different kind of beasts. Sometimes they just enable the arrow keys, and you need another special key combination (e.g. fn + whatever) to actually toggle the num lock. It's probably best to look in the manual or ask the oracle of google for your laptop type.

9. halldors78

halldors78 Chieftain

got it to work, copied the three files into assets/ui directory and then it worked, great, so now i can finally start again and take a good turn in civ 6. thank you very much

10. sp00n

sp00n Chieftain

Hm, that's a bit weird. Can you give me a list of all the mods you're playing with, if any? I should investigate if there's an incompatibility somewhere.

11. halldors78

halldors78 Chieftain

don't have any mods right now, uninstalled the game and re-installed, but that didnt work then i just tried to copy the files to this directory also and that just worked, not sure why.

12. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

If it works, that's great. No clue why they removed this from Civ 6. Will try! :thumbsup:

13. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

And it works like a charm. :goodjob:

14. vonJahgmann

vonJahgmann Chieftain

@sp00n Love the Mod. Worked great with new games but not for saved games. Same experience on couple of different Windows machines. If you add the below entry to the .modinfo file under Mod / Properties, I think it will work for saved games too.

Code:
    <AffectsSavedGames>0</AffectsSavedGames>
    Cheers,
    VJ

15. ffifield

ffifield Chieftain

Where is the assets/ui directory? I looked around for it in a few places and I couldn't find it.

FeistyMama likes this.
  16. Wubbo

Wubbo Chieftain

It's located beneath your game install folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI

If you have Steam, it's located beneath your steam library folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI
    (or)
    {path to your "SteamLibrary_WhateverYouNamedIt" folder}\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI

Unfortunately, I'm unable to get this mod to work. I own the game via Steam. I didn't see this mod in the Steam Workshop, so I downloaded it from here. I noticed that the mod's Zip contains a folder with 3 files: .modinfo, .xml, and .lua. The folders for Steam Workshop mods like "Suzerain at a Glance" also contain those same 3 file types, so I figured I'd copy the NumpadUnitMove folder to my {SteamLibrary}\steamapps\workshop\content\289070 folder, where the other Civ6 mods are located. I relaunched the game; no numpad movement, nor did the mod show up in the Additional Content game menu or anywhere else that I could determine.

I read the "Assets\UI" comment above, and figured I'd try copying the 3 files directly to that folder. There are lots of other .xml+.lua file pairs in that folder, but no .modinfo files. Regardless, it didn't work. No numpad movement or menu options for it.

How does one make this mod work?

17. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Queen's

Downloaded mods (i.e. from Civfanatics) need to go in your "C:\Users\(USER)\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods..." or similar directory folder. Only Workshop mods, which auto-install when subscribed, belong in the 289070 folder.

18. Giorsoine

Giorsoine Chieftain

Just returned to Civ 6 and found this and was happy... until it didn't work for me no matter what I do.

I got C for Center installed, tried without it as well. Got no other mods that affect key bindings.

So any ideas would be welcomed with open arms since this is something I really miss.

19. arbitan

arbitan Chieftain

Hello. I am writing on behalf of my disabled wife. She has difficulties with frequent precision mouse clicks and often makes use of keyboard shortcuts to control games and software. She is a huge fan of Civilization and I purchased Civilization 6 for her because it was said to be quite good. She has discovered however that the controls for moving units with the keyboard are no longer present, and in my searches I found this mod. But as with others, I have discovered that it does not work any longer.

If anyone knows of a way in which this mod may be made to operate, I would appreciate any help. Thank you!