NWolfNES I: The Greenskins, home edition

I really respect what is being done here. What does this nes need to prosper even more? Give me a couple of options if possible. If a character takes my fancy, I hope to join.

So I have two followers or one?

Two.

Abaddon said:
I really respect what is being done here. What does this nes need to prosper even more? Give me a couple of options if possible. If a character takes my fancy, I hope to join.

Everyone start off from equal ground. There's nothing that could stop someone from becoming a War Chieftain or Great Shaman/Warlock, this Is NES is not "dead", when village of Gor' will be destroyed due your actions, And you could take over several new villages or build new ones.

I decide everything with a dice roll so on average every 3rd action will probably fail or cause set-back but:

We have:
Good willed brute, (but bit "special") orc Ugag,
We have Ladiesman
we have crazy alchemist,
we hunter orc x2
we have Shamanic Overseer
we have Woodcutter,
fisherman,
We have several commoners,
Unlucky treasure-hunter (maxwell)

We lack farmers, miners, builders, religious nutscakes, businessmen (you can start new village or your own business), pop idols, war chieftains, separators/revolters, alcoholics, herders (animal husbandry). If immortals want mine then, we lack blacksmiths, weaponsmiths, traders, settlers, ore refiners.... list is practically endless etc.

You can be whatever you want to, if you work mindlessly towards that goal you will become what you want to be. However you guys still have village to care for, as if Gor' gets destroyed, you'll have much harder time. Oh and I reserve right to kill your characters when ever you make extremely stupid move(s). Also you can have multiple proffessions and you can switch from fisherman to village leader or trade - should you wish to do so :)

OOC: Great update Northern Wolf, I'm excited to see what happens with my stats etc.

Any way we would know if our followers have the sickness?

I like this update.

Builders: lets focus on these priorities (in order): a new prayer area (maybe in nearby cliffs/mountains) dedicated to Raj-tol, watchtowers (its not good when potential enemies can just walk into our lands), black-smithy (we need to develop metal goods) and sleeping quarters (especially for sick people so it doesn't spread as quickly)

Hunter: Agree with their assessment: rebuild traps, start hunting spring game

Crafters: In order of perceived priority: Build picks and shovels (mining equipment), smithing tools, craft weapons (and arrows)

Farmers: sow the fields with seeds

Fishermen: set up fishing nets and traps in secret fishing spot, also do regular fishing there.

Warriors: Guard commoners involved in mining, fishing and in farming, Patrol perimeter woods, Train commoners to become warriors.

Miners: Go to mountain of horrors to look for mining area and lead commoners (tell them where to dig, how to dig, etc)

Commoners: Divide into groups (45%): set up farms with farmers, (30%): go with miners and warriors to the mountains and mine as best as they can (learn mining profession?), (5%): serve as watchmen in towers (once completed), (20%): train as warriors

Regarding the Bloadoak tribe and the missionaries of Raj-tol: We should send an immortal back with one of their numbers to the Bloadoak tribe and set up diplomatic contact/trade with them. The other two missionaries should assist some builders in setting up a location to pray in. We should accept them (but only if they help us find their homeland and give us the information they promised). The Bloadoak tribe is the closest we have to potential friends and a shared religion would help make them fast allies.

Regarding Furtown village and their ambassador:

Private Diplo (calling all immortals and the shamans into a quiet glade):

"Fellow Immortals, Respected Shamans,

The New Illorian Ambassador came from a group of about 30-40 wounded soldiers no far from here They are not as heavily armed or well equipped as their leader. The ambassador's missions was to scout our village for a Tauren presence and try to shake us down.

They have previously fought the Taurens.

I don't think we should allow this ambassador to leave our village. I think we should beat him up, take his equipment (and give it to our best warrior), tie him up and leave him under guard of our commoners. I am then ready to lead our hunters and warriors (and even a commoner militia) back to the site where the New Illorion soldiers are sp that our great warriors and many of you fellow immortals can ambush them and kill as many as we can.

We are orcs, not soft pink skin cowards- we must strike decisively and with Raj-tol's hurricane-like wrath.

Shamans, if i tell you where to look, can you use your tricks to keep a beast's eye upon the ILlorians and maintain watch of them?

Fellow Immortals, overseer Stoll, what say you? Do we strike now? Do we end this threat before it grows?"

Bull-men issue needs to be resolved also... we need diplomatic contact with them. If we can bring them Illorian prisoners or dead, we may make a positive impression.

Update 1: Factions doings
Chill Bill - helps to set up traps, gained possibility to join next hunting trip as apperintance (student) and learn very basic hunting

I noticed that i don't know very basic hunting in my stats... should i have basic hunting skill or something?

badunoff I already wrote update, sorry. You attempted to train with warriors (swordfight) and worked with crafters

No problem. Dear me, I don't seem to be doing very well. I mean, how unlucky do I have to be to not only break my sword but to stab somebody! I'll have apologise... Good update all the same.

Gurtak Strongfist believes that the builders' first priority must be building new sleeping houses. Fixing sheep pasture and building leatherworkers' house is also neccessary. Gurtak also likes the idea of the watchtower, and improved training field if there is enough time and manpower to do it.

However, why should we now waste time building smithy when we don't even have materials to forge nor mine where to mine it? And why should the village waste more resources and time building Shrines for those few who want them? There are numerous things to do in and outside of the village even while people are starving, and some plan to use that precious little time we have to build shrines? nonsense!

Gurtak thinks people should do as follows:

Builders: building things listed above, in said order.
Hunters: make traps and hunt, duh.
Craftsmen: Craftsmen have plenty to do
Farmers: Plant seeds and start farming, obviously.
Fishermen: Should fish.
Miner: should be sent to the Mountain of Horrors to check proper area for a mine.
Warriors: should do what miners and fishers want them to do while keeping the village safe.

It doesn't really matter what commoners do, as long as they work for their upkeep. priority should be on farming, hunting and helping builders. ALso, more warriors must be trained, current numbers can only barely keep the village safe. Some ~20 should begin training to become warriors.

Regarding the private conversation between immortals and shamans:

"The human scout must not leave the village alive. Better to cut off his head immediately so we don't need to feed that swine.

The idea to attack the humans is tempting, looting their equipments would be a great boon to our soldiers. Right now we have some 30 orcs with some level of fighting skill, and hunters on top of that. We could bring at least 60 orcs against the 30-40 humans, and should we suprise them we could easily slaughter the humans, even easier now that many of them are wounded."

Gurtak bruises his chin while crunching the numbers.

"I'll reserve one of the fighting axes. Lets crush those humans and show that these orcs don't crawl before those arrogant swines!"

OOC: Northern Wolf, what's the quality of the spears? Do those have iron/bronze tips or are they just sharpened wooden spikes? and what are the med. quality axes like? 2-handed large axes or 1-handers?

I like this update.
Thank you, but you write sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better updates!

I noticed that i don't know very basic hunting in my stats... should i have basic hunting skill or something?

You have talent but so far you have failed to learn hunting.

Turn one - you focused on organizing trap line and learning trapping, succeeded building trapline team, but did not have time to learn anything.
Turn two - you helped crafters and trappers.
You learned basic trapping (using and hiding rope-traps, digging pits - simple things that trigger on tripwire, nothing overly complicated or trap chaining (multiple traps going off at once).
Turn three - you spent failing at archery and did your expedition (that brought your village quite many new members).
Turn four - You know what you did.

@Immaculate
Thanks for writing that "request/review of Illorians location" for me. If your forces move out immidietely on spring, you will manage to ambush Illorian army. If you take too much time, they'll leave or assault you.

Its more than a kilometer from village to river, distance to mountains is few kilometers and to expected Tauren area like 20-30 km. Remember there are no roads and forests are full of evil creatures, so traveling can take quite a bit time.

banduff said:
No problem. Dear me, I don't seem to be doing very well. I mean, how unlucky do I have to be to not only break my sword but to stab somebody! I'll have apologise... Good update all the same.
I did not jinx it, I swear! Blame Random.org.

--------
TO ALL
There will update 4.5 that'll update map with newly discovered(via rumors) Settlements and areas.

Question: Should I wait when posting update and complete both parts (including calculations in faction changes) or is it ok to have all stats be changed by day after the update?

Religions
Name - deity - followers

Holy Wind - Raj-Tol - few (10+)
Cult of Fog - Great Bor - very few (less than 10)
The Sacred path - unkown - none
Spoiler gods :

Gods do not have powers in this universe, but they can transform prayers and sacrifices into power and influence nature (or followers) with those powers. Every prayer, loyal follower or sacrifice grants god some energy and with that energy god can do miracles his followers expect him to do. Every god has personality (Raj-tol controls wind, Bog controls pleasure) and can do godly events if followers believe enough. Death of a follower is loss of potential life energy for a god - and gods are addicted to life energy. It is like a drug for them and they want more and more.

----------------------

OOC: Northern Wolf, what's the quality of the spears? Do those have iron/bronze tips or are they just sharpened wooden spikes? and what are the med. quality axes like? 2-handed large axes or 1-handers?

Woodcutting equipment: 25 axes (suitable for self-defense too)
Arms: 60 spears, 10 poor-quality short swords, 10 med quality fighting axes,
Armor: 3 small wooden shields
You have roughly 45 warriors, I have not done stats yet ...

Spears are not very good weapons, if person is not trained at least basic spear use. They are made out of wood, tips are charred. You have no metal industry or no one to buy iron/spears from.

Woodcutting axes - One handed hatchets
Med quality fighting axes - two handed fighting axes (they have one blade, battle axes would have blade on both sides ) -can be wielded in one hand, by normal warriors and above.
Short swords - One handed
Wooden shields - small, round

OOC: Great update again! I love how someone gravely injures an important faction member every update :lol:

IC: To villagers:

That not random pile of ugly, useless rocks. It ... art. Modern art. ...sigh. Ugag put them back.

To sha-mans and immotals:

Blood and glory! Ugag tired of training against greenies, holding back when I should be stabbing and skewering. Let us whet our weapons on their pink hides, and decorate our houses with their bones. Let us tan their hides for our war-banners. Let us paint our faces with their blood!

If we wipe out the hu-mans the bull-mans will know we are not only allies, but also willing to fight and kill in our defense. They will be wary of attacking us when they see our towers draped in skulls and blood.

To Chill Bill:
You sneak out, make new friends, and now you want first priority of builders to build shrine to wind god? Very few villagers worship, many sick. Many hungry. All need protection. Ugag think Bill not have best interest of 'Gor in mind. Ugag think maybe Bill spend too much time sneaking off, not enough time helping 'Gor. Ugag think Bill need get priorities straight if he wants to stay member of 'Gor.

Just for record, Ugag not against shrine. Ugag think it be okay if worshipers build shrine themselves, so long as they help 'Gor as well. Ugag just think we have too few builders and too many projects to make it 'first priority'.

To fog orcs: You work enough to eat. You not work enough to deserve space in cramped sleeping rooms. You not work enough to deserve protection from warriors. You like fleas on wolf, distracting otherwise mighty creature. You make Ugag angry. You not like Ugag when Ugag angry.

To builders:

Ugag have thoughts on what to build.
You need leather workers house as many untanned leathers go bad during summer.
Ugag think this first priority, since summer come soon. Ugag's mother had clever phrase: "Waste makes bad. Ugag - no you waste!"

Training field should be last priority this season. We can sharpen our spears on the hu-mans skulls.

Ugag not want to sleep with sickly orcs. Disease make you weak! Ugag think we have separate sleeping quarters for the infirm. Call it 'Infirmy hut'. Then we have orcs like Wotepchu feed them plants and see what makes them better, or worse.

Ugag think watchtower good idea, but not want to go up. Ugag afraid of heights :(

So, Ugag think builder priority should be:
[Tannery, Infirmy-hut, watchtower, granary, pasture, stockade, training field]

To Ugag
From Bill

Ugag and warriors train to fight.

Bill trains to sneak around so he can be a scout.

Ugag should spend less time threatening others and more time picking up his toys.

@Chill Bill

Care to tell me how exactly you came to know the information about the human settlement?

@From Whisperwind clan

What is this madness we hear? Do you want to all die? Have you gone insane ? Tauren demanded much larger taxes from us than humans ever did. Human taxes are easy to meet, we can gather enough resources to pay tax within 2 seasons and we can stand religious nutcake or two.

He demands:
1) 30 units of healing plants and 60 units of hides would be given as a “tax” to trading caravan that will pass you during next winter.
2) Religion called “The Sacred path” preacher be allowed to enter this village, he will be given separate hut and he may preach at any time to anyone. He may not be harmed, threatened or imprisoned. His hut must be ready by winter. It is not know what race this preacher is or what this “religion” teaches.

He says that in exchange “Furtown village” - The capital of New Illorian Empire will send trading caravan every winter and they are willing to trade/buy whatever Gormadash villagers can offer, after paying their taxes.

They are even offering to send a trade caravan here, to trade for rest of our resources. Don't be foolish, one cannot even think about allying with Tauren - was not Whisperwind village destruction not enough, do you want Gormadash to be destroyed just as our village was?

@Chill Bill

Care to tell me how exactly you came to know the information about the human settlement?

In all honesty, i was hanging out in the woods, trying to be sneaky. I was practicing being sneaky by following people and by trying to walk on dry twigs without breaking them, eh-cette-erh-ah.

and i happened on the human camp... finally i had a reason to be sneaky so i scouted it like was training myself for. then i cam back to you and told you all exactly what i had found.

OOC: So I'm confused. Are these humans an outpost of 'the Empire'? Have we had any actual contact with them yet?

OOC: Immac, you're writing like me now :)

"The Empire" and "The New Illorian Empire" ARE different. It is possible Illorian Empire is rebel faction of The Empire and controls only 1-3 towns (there are/were only 3 settlements on North coast, 10 years ago). It is possible that The Empire has taken itself a new name. It is possible it's just a bandit clan or Vassal nation of some sort.

This is your first contact with "The New Illorian Empire". You do not know more about "The Empire" or what happened with it, than what I've told you. (The Empire used to come asking taxes from Whisperwind clan, but then stopped all contacts with Whisperwind for 10 years.) Last thing Whisperwind knew about The Empire was that they Were warring with "The Horde" and most action was happening on West/South-West coast.

Their behaviour is similar to The Empire, but they are much more rude and less organized. Judging by the soldier who demanded taxes, they are same well equipped.

All I can say is: Illorian troops have temp. camp behind the forest (up north).

@Northen Wolf
I am really confused about the whole how much I know about fighting. It says in the Update learned 25% advanced fighting but in the stat changes section it says i learned 50% basic fighting.

To: Immortals and Shamans at the meeting

I think attacking the humans to be a bad idea. I would rather trust the humans to the taurens. The humans will at least give us something in return for the taxes.

@Heraclius49

I use old update as fill-in form for new update. By now all expt population changes should be in the update.

-------------------------
Update 4.5

Update 4.5 will happen on Wednesday or Thursday. You cannot send orders to that update. That update will feature new map, new knowledge about surrounding settlements and their lore. Of course most of this is old info you have learned from Whisperwind clan. Bloodoak Clan also shared their knowledge so some areas to the South are revealed.

I'm sorry for this delay and am sorry for doing poor quality update.

Top Bottom