NWolfNES I: The Greenskins, home edition

Many are writing orders, but you still have unresolved issues.

Then there are events:

Raids of bird-creatures
They still trouble sheep (as stockade does not provide much protection) and anyone wandering outside of the village during night.

First signs of plague?
Many youngsters and even trained and healthy warriors get sick – fever, running nose, hurting head etc. Shamans guess it's from cold and unclean sleeping houses. However, even after spring cleaning health condition of sick does not improve ? Is it just cold or something worse?

Villagers Demand separate housing

New members and winter cold locked many into small sleeping houses (you have 2) and lack of “private space” causes many issues and internal fighting among Gor' villagers. Most elders agree that new sleeping houses are required as current ones can barely fit everyone and are perfect places for sicknesses and violence to spread. Religious sects also request (not demand) separate shrines or some resources to build shrines during their free time.

Spoiler How many sleeping houses you could build :

With help from commoners and supplies:
3-4 same size sleeping houses (each designed to fit 50 orcs but can fit 80 orcs in times of need)
6-8 medium sized sleeping houses (each designed to fit 30 orcs, but can fit 50 orcs)
10-12 small sleeping houses (each designed to fit 15-20 orcs, but can fit 40 orcs).

This is assuming that builders have many supplies, some helpers and they do not roll 1.

Sleeping houses can be converted into private houses or houses which are required.

Spoiler Village owned property :

2 large sleeping houses (each designed to fit 50 orcs but can fit 80 orcs in times of need),
1 small sleeping house (each designed to fit 15-20 orcs, but can fit 40 orcs), used by Elders only. Stoll uses this house to sleep.
1 poor quality house that functions as granary + tool shed.
1 Small, poor quality Stockade (used for herding sheep).
+ Scary looking pikes, sharpened stick and sharpened bones around the village (to defend against bird creatures, but makes village look more "scary")

Spoiler Building proposals/ideas :

Builders community and elders have few things that are needed to be built:
You need more sleeping houses (you currently have two)
You need to fix/improve sheep pasture
You could use a stockade
You could use a watchtower
You could improve/enlarger granary and storehouse
You should build a proper training field (it improve training speed and improve general training of warriors (warriors will become better))
You need leather workers house as many untanned leathers go bad during summer.

Factions
Hunters: Traps are needed to rebuild, want to hunt in forest
Farmers: Ask help cultivating land, ask help planting seeds, ask help watering plants
Fishermen: Want to continue fishing, ask for guards to scout newly found fishing area to ensure it is perfectly safe.
Warriors: Ask more volunteers to train against new possible enemy.
Miner: Ask for warriors to accompany them to Mountain of Horrors to check proper area for a mine.

Reference
Village pop: 190+33 children
Skilled workers:
29 hunters, 15 farmers, 10 craftsmen, 5 tricksters(low level shamans), 12 builders, 19 rookie warriors, 16 normal warriors, 5 Trained warriors, 17 fishermen, 7 miners (125)
Immortals: 13
Commoners: 52

Woodcutting equipment: 25 axes (suitable for self-defense too)
Arms: 80 spears, 15 poor-quality short swords, 14 med quality fighting axes,
Armor: 10 small wooden shields

Overseer Building Priority Proposal:
-1 Small Tannery
-3 Medium Sleeping Quarters
-1 Infirmary.
-Watch Towers.
-Training Field

These buildings should be our top priority for this season.

Sleeping quarters are the most important IMO.

Sleeping quarters are common sleeping halls. How would you feel if you'd have to sleep together with some random dudes who behave like orcs in a tiny room? Private housing or small sleeping quarters are better, but you yet lack resources (and motivation) to build private housing.

Better a roof over your head than none at all.

((I believe I did my support for how to proceed already, but here are Gaarth's orders))

Action 1 What was discussed in #NES
Action 2 Now that I have basic fighting, I want to develop dodging/shielding skills.

Followers Actions Get pregnant, continue telling everyone how great Gaarth is.

I return from deep sleep, I was very tired.

Action 1: Try and find building materials to be used to build the sleeping quarters.

Action 2: Attempt to assist the builders and learn construction techniques (doing heavy lifting if I end up in the way)

Orders:

Action 1: go trade mushrooms to Cult of Fog for a bag big enough to carry herbs in. If they can't find one, take mushrooms elsewhere
Action 2: Visit the shamans and learn from them, in exchange for some herbs that might help them see spirits or whatever.

followers actions:
1.) gather herbs

apparently it's a non-action: give herbs to soldiers.

Everyone is submitting orders that don't include 'smashing human skullz' which is a shame because most of the immortals are the ones with weapons training. I think you'll get more training out of hitting a real warrior then a doll on a stick. Lets go be orcz and kill kill kill the humanz.

There is also the issue of how the diplomatic world is shaping up. This should help sculpt our responses to the foreign powers that visit us.

I would like to point out that the human empires are expansionist and aggressive and intimidate/bully their neighbors into submission and do not allow for true independence.
The undead are, well, undead.
The horde is a defensive organization that was developed by orcs like us and other goblinoid tribes to defend against both the human empires and the undead. They have proven their worth in blood and axes; many of their number have fallen to defend the indepedence and strength of the orcish people.
The tauren are tauren and have no wish to ally themselves with orcs but they are neutral towards the horde and we have recent evidence of them attacking at least two human empire-allied groups: the whisperwind and the humans i so recently saw.

Stoll, others
, i think we should ally ourselves with the Horde and to do so, i think we should send an emissary to the BloadOak tribe. Preferably carrying the head of a human soldier complete with their fallen banners.

Stoll, you must use your authority to call a vote on the matter of ambushing the humans, one that will, if it passes, bind our actions to support our village and act as one.

Ugag, despite the obvious damage to the Wernick's area of the brain and his relative inability to speak properly, isn't actually that stupid. His words are wise (except when he's doubting my loyalty to the clan) and we would do well to act as he suggests. We must strike at the humans now or we will be paying their taxes for years to come. And it won't just be their taxes, they will try to extort us at every opportunity. Let me point out that there mission was NOT to come and visit our people. Their city-state does not even know they offered to send a caravan or to collect our taxes. These soldiers ran from tauren might and ended up on our doorstep. They visited us and demanded taxes of us on a whim to try and strengthen themselves and return to their village not complete failures. We are an afterthought, not a real diplomatic visit.

Very well.

Ambush Proposal

A force lead by Chill Bill and Ugag will attack the human camp situated somewhere in the forest. If this proposal passes, all orcs that have more than "Basic Fighting Skill" will be forced to join in on the attack against the humans. Failure to do so will have severe consequences.

-Ayes: Chill Bill, Ugag, Stoll.

Nays: ....

Proposal for an Emissary to Bloodoak tribe is accepted- anybody want to volunteer?

Hunters, if they are not busy helping set up the ambush, will hunt in the forest. It's what they do best.

Farmers will get 40 commoners to help with the farming

Builders will get the rest of the commoner's help in their construction business.
-The method of getting the villager's opinion on what buildings to build isn't working. So here's my proposal: all villagers will get 3 points which they may spend on the building choice to show their support. The builders will then build the buildings starting with the one that had the most number of points.

My Choice:
2 points on sleeping quarters large enough to house 90 people.
1 point on a tannery.

Fisherman will only get guards AFTER we succeed with the ambush.

Ugag, despite the obvious damage to the Wernick's area of the brain and his relative inability to speak properly, isn't actually that stupid.

Ya, Ugag not dumb. This just speech impediment. Ugag not need pretty words to think good.

Stoll, if we use point method, Ugag put all three points towards sleeping huts for sick orcs. Ugag not want to get sick - disease make you weak! Also, we might have wounded after battle, be good to have place for healers to work.

A force lead by Chill Bill and Ugag will attack the human camp situated somewhere in the forest. If this proposal passes, all orcs that have more than "Basic Fighting Skill" will be forced to join in on the attack against the humans. Failure to do so will have severe consequences.

Unfortunate as it is, it takes entire action for immortals to participate in attack. This covers gathering up group (and deciding who will lead, if all immortals support same leader clan should have nothing against it), arming (arguing over who gets what weapon, perhaps even smashing few skulls before battle), treating wounds that were "civil discussion", moving into position, attacking and arguing over who gets how much loot. Short overview: It takes one action for immortal to participate in ambush/attack.

My Choice:
2 points on sleeping quarters large enough to house 90 people.
I think you mean 'Large sleeping houses' what are designed to fit 50 orcs. Your village has right now 2 large and one small sleeping houses(for Stoll and other Elders).

Those common sleeping houses fit (if villages squeeze themselves together) 160+20 orcs. As you can see from your population, these houses are quite full, there are people constantly sleeping in them, they smell and people don't have personal room, as these houses are designed to fit 50 orcs (not 80). Of course once sleeping houses have been built, you can convert these large buildings, with low resource cost to other buildings that village might need.

3-4 same size (large) sleeping houses (each designed to fit 50 orcs but can fit 80 orcs in times of need)
6-8 medium sized sleeping houses (each designed to fit 30 orcs, but can fit 50 orcs)
10-12 small sleeping houses (each designed to fit 15-20 orcs, but can fit 40 orcs).

Healing huts are equal to medium sized sleeping houses.
You could build 1 Healing hut and 2 or 3 Large sleeping quarters.
You could build 1-2 healing huts and 4-6 medium houses.
You could build 1-2 healing huts and 6-8 small houses.

EDIT: I know I'm making things difficult, is this management too much micromanagement for you? Should I lower micromanagement part of the game and let only leaders decide what people should build?

EDIT: I know I'm making things difficult, is this management too much micromanagement for you? Should I lower micromanagement part of the game and let only leaders decide what people should build?

I don't think it's too micro, but I do think we need a strict framework for voting. With the one week turnaround (which is great, if you can keep it up), votes need to be cast early in the week for ideas to be debated. Ultimately, this is up to Seon, as he is the overseer.

If the orders are due on Thursday, then I think final votes for projects and priorities should be in no later than Wednesday. If you don't vote by then, your opinion isn't counted.

If I were running things, I'd have a 'free voting' period between the update and Tuesday night where ideas are exchanged and debated, then a 'call for votes' on Wed. morning. Every immortal casts their votes, and they are tallied Wed. evening. That way, we all know what the villager plans are by Thursday morning in case we need to tailor our orders accordingly.

Also, this was a unusually chaotic week as there was an additional half-update, as well as several new players joining (Welcome!).

I will change my action #2 to: go on ambush primarily looking to kill some humans and bring back loot if doing so would facilitate ambush.

Thanks for Advice hbar! You gave me some thinking material, it's Seon who does vote counting (THANK YOU!), so should he set the rules for that?

I will change my action #2 to: go on ambush primarily looking to kill some humans and bring back loot if doing so would facilitate ambush.
EDIT: I'll accept orders only if both actions and supports are in the same post and spelled out clearly. I'll accept only latest action post, if previous posts contained something "important" I'll ignore that "important" thing-

---------

I'll use this free time (until Thursday) to Make rules and etc more orderly on first page (right now it's pretty much chaotic and not very good looking - but that just mirrors my mind.)

I know I've only just started, but can't the villagers have independant thought an build themselves without our input? Seons got the power, as long as he runs things well, just leave the final descision to him. I don't personally want all that stuff, I just want to progress my character...

Sure, just don't vote.

Although I do agree with you that it should be up to Seon. I just threw that ruleset together as an example.

I know I've only just started, but can't the villagers have independant thought an build themselves without our input? Seons got the power, as long as he runs things well, just leave the final descision to him. I don't personally want all that stuff, I just want to progress my character...

You see, I don't want this NES to be role-play NES like Dragonson or some other NESes. I want it to be mixture of village management and RP. And therefor, you all are tied to this village (or maybe to some other village). This restricts your movement, makes villages prosperity and survival important (it is kinda hard to defend yourself against army of undead cows all alone) and gives a twist to the gameplay.

Voting is important, as overseer is just one person. True, what he says is more influencial than one of your opinion, but if 5 of you are against his opinion, then these 5 may succeed and convince enough orcs to be against Overseer and For their opinion. The fact is that everyone of you is respected among some group (be it group from commoners) or at least you speak with others. By telling them of your beliefs (what you will do during 3 months) you'll influence NPC decisions. And there are 190+ NPC and just one (counting out evil twin sister) Seon.

In the end, this is mixture of RP and Nesse-style NES'es, meaning eventually you'll control large army of followers, have enough influence among commoners to settle new villages and fight wars between each other. I did not want to give you set amount of villages and income - it's up to you to decide if you want to build your own villages, train armies or craftsmen out of your followers or simply use politics and popularity to grab the throne. Then again money opens many new ways, as does religion. Of course you can skip all that village management nonsense and become crusading Merc, slave trader or perhaps trader ship owner, famous heroes or whatever you can think of.

All paths and professions are open to you and nothing is impossible. You got all the time in the world - after all, you are immortals and cannot die to old age. Of course, at the moment you are rather pathetic immortals, with best of you having "low" respect among villagers, no education, little to no training and very little to no property and/or gold. And it's almost update 5 :p

And finally, this is more fun for me, than simply running RP NES (what I'd never run) or Country management NES. And you know what happens if NES is not fun to it's moderator.

Okay here are my view points on issues.

1. I think we should attack the puny humans. Although they may be offering to send trade caravans that is what they are. They are Trade caravans. We have to give up things we own to get these supplies. Besides money, what do traders really want from beings they deem filthy.

2. The only issue I have with the Human ambush is there is no plan. We need to elect a leader quickly and come up with a good plan of action. We should organize the Warriors into teams and create an order of battle as well

3. Building Points:
1 Point Healing Hut
1 Point Watchtower
1 Point Store House

4. I think we should send 1-2 people to the Bloodoak clan. One person should be a herbalist because they could ask the people in the bloodoak clan about this plague that is going around. We might even get some medicine for it

Top Bottom